“Conveinent and Reasonably priced”

Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
Ranked #203 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Oxford, Georgia
“Conveinent and Reasonably priced”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 night during a business trip - they offered a full breakfast which was very good. I was on the 4th floor interstate side and it was a little noisy which I had already read about in other reviews so I just turned on my sleep app and was fine. My room had a sitting area with a desk and mini frig -the bedroom was separate. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: 4th floor is best away from the interstate
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear lovtogo2,

First off, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are thrilled that you would consider us for a future stay!

We love our breakfast too. Our famous waffles will be waiting for you when you come back to San Diego.

Warm regards,

Sully Cox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Seattle
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Look, for a hotel hard by the I-15 freeway, this had everything we liked about a mid-level hotel. Probably the best staff we've encountered in a few years, really good free breakfast, fun managers happy hour with free wine and beer, room layout we like (with separate living area to go to when my wife snores). Stayed four nights and found location was perfect for the golf courses we were playing. Shopping center across the street. Dennys in the same parking lot (their 3 course meals were enough for two meals for us), good pool and hot tub. Didn't use fitness center. Because we booked last minute we had a freeway room with some freeway noise that really didn't affect sleep. You might want an inside room.

Room Tip: Probably inside room overlooking pool, though we didn't find freeway noise that bad.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We let the staff know that you were pleased with the service. It is comments like your's that help us strive to exceeding guest expectations. We hope to see you next time you visit.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in late on Sunday March 5th and when I arrived, they had given away my original room which was away from the highway and stuck me in a room right next to the highway. Not only was the room noisy from the highway noise but the carpet was filthy. Walking on it with my bare feet turned them black so I had to rinse them before getting into bed. I called the front desk to request my room for my next stay, which was later on in the week, to be away from the highway but was met with an individual who's customer service skills left much to be desired! Maybe that's why he works the overnight shift. I explained to him that I was a Choice Privileges Diamond member and would like to request that my room for March 19-22 to be away from the highway but was told that it didn't matter who I was with Choice that he could not guarantee me a room away from the highway. I am in a hotel 250+ nights a year and have never had an issue with a simple request like that especially since they could see my loyalty to the Choice Hotels chain. If it wasn't for the fact that I had prepaid for my next stay on Choicehotels.com, I would have simply canceled my reservation and stayed elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JerryL1969
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. The amount of travel that you do, I understand how important it is to have certain requests met when checking in. We do our best to meet all guests requests, but with high occupancy it is sometimes more difficult to do so. I have gotten with all departments to correct any issues you had from the carpets to customer service. For your future reservation I have already pre-blocked you on the 4th floor so no one is above you and placed you opposite side of the freeway. Thank you for continuing to be a loyal choice traveler.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay here for about 3 nights. The rooms were nice, spacious, and clean. Beds were comfortable and the main garden area in the middle of the hotel was a nice reminder of the beautiful vacation we were on in SoCal. Only complaint would be the footsteps we heard above us. Sometimes rather noisy - I suspect young children. However, we were so worn out that it did not keep us up. Breakfast was nice - about what you'd expect from Comfort Suites. Only complaint would be parking. There is not much and the lot was often filled up when we returned at night. Overall it is in a good neighborhood, easy access to the highway, and well kept.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We are happy that your stay was so enjoyable. Since we are so centrally located we get a lot of different travelers from corporate to leisure which all love the courtyard and breakfast. With high occupancy I know that the parking lot does get full. I wanted to make sure that you were also aware that there is another lot on the back side of the hotel too. It can be easily missed. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The room was fine ... we were on the top floor so no stomping from any other room above.
The good:
- convenient and central to all attractions (i.e., middle way for seaworld, legoland etc).
- food near by
- happy hour hosted by the hotel GM
- friendly staff
- very hard bed ... which we like.

The bad:
- was disappointed as the hotel claimed renovation ... so booked for a king suite. Upon entry, it was not renovated. Confronted manager on duty and was advised that the reno was only done on the 2 double bed rooms and not the king rooms.
- lots of sand in the hot-tub and pool.
-parking can be a hassle if coming back late, as the lot is shared w/ the adjacent Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: If you want a newer / renovated room, get the 2 double bed rooms instead of the king room/sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am sorry that you were not told before hand that only the double beds had been renovated. We are currently in transition to renovate the other half of the hotel once plans have been approved. I hope when you return, you can try the newly renovated rooms, which are a big success to the our guests. Thank you for taking your time to use TripAdvisor.
Hacienda Heights
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a family visit and to do some shopping at the military base. The check in was quick and if you are a Rewards member they give you a little goody bag at check in. The room was nice and clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy. There are many restaurants close by and even a movie theater. We will be staying here when we visit again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I am happy that this location was perfect for you. Thank you so much for your positive review. It means so much to the team. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The room was fine and unconventional for a Comfort Suites. The room was a more like a suite than most of the brand. My only real complaint was the internet, which was really poor. I rebooted asked the desk to reset the router, but nothing helped. Other than that, the room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The bed was excellent as was the shower.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank your for your review. It helps us greatly to see how we are doing. I can add that we are in the process of getting different internet service and should you decide to visit us again, I can guarantee you will see a big difference. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.