“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #202 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Sugar Land, Texas
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

One of, if not THE, nicest Comfort Suites we've stayed at. The staff was extremely nice, the room was clean, and the bathroom was clean, nice, and accessible. The fitness center was clean, modern, and well equipped. The pool was pleasant and clean. The roll-in shower actually had drains surrounding the border of the shower so that water didn't get all over the bathroom floor. I don't know why more roll-in shower bathrooms don't have that. The rates here were very reasonable as well. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to San Diego.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParaLaLove
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear ParaLaLove,

Your feedback is so important to us. Thank you for taking the time.

We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in Mira Mesa, and we are so glad you noticed.

Having an accesible room that is also comfortable and makes practical sense was a key part of the design. Your positive feedback is so very appreciated.

Please, come back and let us be your host once again,

Sully C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The rooms were clean and large. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom was small. On the first day the air conditioner was not working but they did fix it. The elevators are very slow. Access to the hotel from the freeway requires an U turn. The breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Looking at your profile I can see you are a very busy person. Your time is valuable, thank you.

We are thrilled to hear you were happy about your room and the many new renovations we have put in place. We pride ourselves on our standard of cleanliness, I am glad to see that you noticed.

I apologize that we had to restart your air conditioner. With buildings as large as ours and the crowds that summertime brings, sometimes AC units can be overwhelmed. I am glad our engineer took care of the situation in short order for you.

Good news, there is now a brand new lit intersection in front of the hotel. No more U turns!

We hope to have you back next time you are in San Diego,

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

As a Choice Club Member, I always search for one of their Member locations first. On this occasion, my wife and I found a Comfort Suites that lived up to every aspect of its advertisement.
We arrived to a very courteous Front Desk staff who quickly handled our reservation and took the time to thoroughly explain the many features of this beautiful Comfort Suites.
Assigned to Room 415, our room was access through a beautiful interior courtyard. The room itself was spacious and quiet (despite having the Interstate directly on the other side of our side of the hotel). To me, this speaks to solid construction ! Every aspect of our room was pleasing.
For dinner, we walked across the parking lot to a Denny's.
A unique feature of this hotel was the "Happy Hour" room just off the main entrance. Wine and beer were served. During our stay, a musician was there entertaining guests with Irish music played discretely in the background.
Complementary breakfast was served in a very spacious room. There was a wide selection of hot and cold items - well stocked, with staff there to attend to restocking, ensuring that nothing ran out (very, very much appreciated).
My wife and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel - and we will certainly be staying there during our next trip.

Room Tip: From our perspective, all rooms should be good. If you want to be closer to the elevator, just ask...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don W
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Don W,

Thank you for being a loyal Choice Privileges member. You have many hotel chains you could pledge your business to and we are so happy you chose ours.

The courtyard is one of my favorite parts of the property. I am thrilled you enjoyed it. I'm sure you liked the beautiful courtyard view from the fourth floor as well! When our hotel was built, special consideration was made to the proximity of the Interstate, and we are glad you found your room nice and cozy as intended.

Happy Hour is a unique feature of our hotel we are especially proud to offer. It is a great place to network, and just have a relaxing time.

Again, all of us here at the Comfort Suites are thrilled you had a wonderful stay and we hope you come back soon.

Sully C.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We live in Las Vegas and I purchased two rooms for two nights. One room was for myself and two sons, and one for my retired parents. We were going to check out UC San Diego where my son has been accepted. This hotel is very close to the I 15 (easy on and easy off). What a lovely little hotel we found! Lyn,who works the front desk was SO efficient and charming. Everything was ready for us when we arrived! Our rooms were suites (each had 2 TV's, a pull-out sofa, and two double beds (with pillow menu and down comforters ), along with a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms were super clean, spacious, and the surrounding area was lovely as well!This little gem also has a heated pool and hot tub. There is a nightly Happy Hour with free beer, wine and munchies! I must not forget the breakfast buffet- fresh and hot eggs, waffles, gourmet coffee, and many other goodies. It looks like my son will be attending UC San Diego(he loved the campus and presentation), so we will see everyone at the Miramar very soon! Thank you for making our stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: Loved the first floor- so close to pool!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank donovantravelers
Dear donovantravelers,

First off congratulations to your son!. UC San Diego is a great school and that is something we all take pride in around here.

Thank you so much for the taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I must say I agree that Lyn is fantastic at what she does. There are a great many like Lyn at the Comfort Suites Miramar. We strive to empower and inspire our employees to take guest service personally, and always give their all.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We have put together choices that we feel combine to give you a great start to your day. It sounds like you had a great trip. We hope to see you again. Maybe you can allot some more time for fun next time! We are full of great ideas to help you get the most out of "America's Finest City".

San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My family came back to stay in Holiday inn exp. But my mom stayed in Comfort next door. Really, what happen to the cleanliness of elevator, yard and lobby. The linen have stain yellow and towels are look not wash. This is a disappointment of stay here.
Its really dirty room. Dusty and found hair in the sofa.
Sad to say this but its true.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Meandkids2013
Dear Meandkids2013,

I am sorry to hear your stay with us was less than ideal.

You have many choices to fit your lodging needs in San Diego, you gave us a chance and we didn't live up to our history of excellence. Your concerns are of great importance to myself and the rest of the management team here at the Comfort Suites Miramar. We have looked into the issues you have described and addressed them properly.

Our housekeeping and engineering departments work around the clock to make sure everyone has a comfortable experience at our hotel. Our standard of service excellence is something I am more than confident in, and would like to invite you back.

Warm regards,

Sully Cox

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Oxford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 night during a business trip - they offered a full breakfast which was very good. I was on the 4th floor interstate side and it was a little noisy which I had already read about in other reviews so I just turned on my sleep app and was fine. My room had a sitting area with a desk and mini frig -the bedroom was separate. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: 4th floor is best away from the interstate
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear lovtogo2,

First off, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are thrilled that you would consider us for a future stay!

We love our breakfast too. Our famous waffles will be waiting for you when you come back to San Diego.

Warm regards,

Sully Cox
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Look, for a hotel hard by the I-15 freeway, this had everything we liked about a mid-level hotel. Probably the best staff we've encountered in a few years, really good free breakfast, fun managers happy hour with free wine and beer, room layout we like (with separate living area to go to when my wife snores). Stayed four nights and found location was perfect for the golf courses we were playing. Shopping center across the street. Dennys in the same parking lot (their 3 course meals were enough for two meals for us), good pool and hot tub. Didn't use fitness center. Because we booked last minute we had a freeway room with some freeway noise that really didn't affect sleep. You might want an inside room.

Room Tip: Probably inside room overlooking pool, though we didn't find freeway noise that bad.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony P, Manager at Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We let the staff know that you were pleased with the service. It is comments like your's that help us strive to exceeding guest expectations. We hope to see you next time you visit.