Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsqueen studiofront deskmicrowave popcorntable tennisbusiness parkfull kitchenbasketball courtping ponghome away from homebusiness areamarriott hotelsbusiness tripgreat place to staybreakfast buffetthe breakfast arealiving areaexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I wouldn't recommend it for you if you needed to hit all of the tourist spots while you're in San Diego, but it's a good choice if you needed to stay at the northerly end of the City. Also there are plenty of choices for food along Mira Mesa Blvd, you wouldn't need to get on a freeway to get your shopping/meals done.

One item of note, I found the water to be extremely soft. You'll want to stay with bar soap if you're staying here.

Room Tip: the top floor will probably have the quietest rooms though you can ask the staff for suggestions.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
sasha M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We really appreciate all of our guests and their reviews. I am so excited to say that we are nearly complete with the renovation and we do hope that you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We loved this hotel. The staff is so great that my kids looked forward to breakfast and talking to them. They even made sure we had gluten free options for breakfast and for the evening BBQ. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the pool. Having our own kitchen was key to making the vacation cost effective. We wanted a location that would allow us access to all parts of San Diego and it was perfect. Lots of stores and restaurants right near by. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank orbuzzard
kibutler3, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to San Diego. You will also be excited to hear that in April of 2012 we upgraded our high speed internet to 50mbps and have changed our provider to make your future stays even more enjoyable.

Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I booked this hotel for a long 2 months stay for my business tip to San Diego California. The hotel offers great comforts and was an ideal match for me for its proximity to my office.

I was surprised with the service that the hotel provides. Menu for the breakfast is awesome, offering a wide variety of things to choose from. The staff were very friendly and often ready to help. The room was really luxurious and I opted for for a one bedroom suite with a decent size kitchen. Kitchen is an important priority for me as I am a strict vegetarian and prefer cooking my own food. Room had 2 lcd tvs , a mini dining table and a sofa set to complete the set. All in all, the acoustics of the room was very sound and pleasing.

In addition to it,the hotel offered an additional social hour sacks and some beer four days a week. The hotel had ample parking facility.

I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Dina009
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our property and I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff really appreciates the feedback and are always happy to help!

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

This is a great mid-level hotel for staying in the business/Qualcomm area of San Diego. Having stayed 60+ nights at this hotel, the service has always been impeccable. The gentleman who takes care of the evening buffet is extremely pleasant, helpful, and kind - he cares about the patrons and has a terrific attitude. The front desk is extremely professional. In terms of cons, the hotel hallways have an interesting smell and the internet is excruciatingly slow during peak hours . However, the housekeeping has been good and the proximity to Yogurtland is a plus!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ScarfGirl85
Reviewed 18 September 2009

It was a last minute reservation on a Labor Day weekend. Got the room I wanted but for the price, I missed not having a small bottle of hand lotion that usually comes with the shampoo and conditioner. Breakfast was good. Room was great and staff was courteous and hospitable.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family