Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsqueen studiofront deskmicrowave popcorntable tennisbusiness parkfull kitchenbasketball courtping ponghome away from homebusiness areamarriott hotelsbusiness tripgreat place to staybreakfast buffetthe breakfast arealiving areaexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

When I arrived to the hotel the room Was not available although I booked it by Venere. The problem Was not with Venere but with the hotel. Other people had the same problem. I don't recommend to book it.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Favaro
sasha M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Favaro,

I apologize your room was not ready at the time of your arrival. May I ask what time of day you tried checking-in?

Our guaranteed check –in time is 4pm. All early requested check –ins are requests that we try our very best to accommodate however, with our check out time being noon, we cannot always guarantee that an early check-in will be accommodated. Due to the length of stay most our guests are with us, each room is carefully treated after their departure before the next guest arrives. This ensures the upmost cleanliness of our rooms, though takes a little extra time then a more transient hotel.

If trying to check in before the 4pm guarantee, I do recommend giving us a call ahead of time to see if we are able to accommodate an earlier arrival.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

ALL of the towels provided were paper thin and an off white, like what you'd get at an old gym to use. The bed sheets were thin as well, like an undershirt 15 years old or that they've been on the bed for a few days prior to our arrival. Halfway through our stay, I mentioned this to the staff but still received the same level of quality with the towels (the sheets were slightly better). If it were one or the other, I may not have even written this review, but the fact that it was both and they're the 2 personal items a hotel can provide that, in my opinion, can really make or break a stay so I had to write this!

I'd give it a really bad rating, but the other things that make Residence Inn the experience I've learned to enjoy were spot on: Nice breakfast with good variety throughout our week long stay, wonderful and cheerful staff, clean and modern amenities, and of course free parking and WiFi.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Dpastorin,

I am so sorry you had a less then exceptional stay with us last year.
Since your visit, among other major changes, we have replaced all of our guest room towels and bedding with a new brand.

Hopefully if you find yourself back in the San Diego area, you will come by and allow us another chance to make your stay a comfortable one.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I wouldn't recommend it for you if you needed to hit all of the tourist spots while you're in San Diego, but it's a good choice if you needed to stay at the northerly end of the City. Also there are plenty of choices for food along Mira Mesa Blvd, you wouldn't need to get on a freeway to get your shopping/meals done.

One item of note, I found the water to be extremely soft. You'll want to stay with bar soap if you're staying here.

Room Tip: the top floor will probably have the quietest rooms though you can ask the staff for suggestions.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
sasha M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We really appreciate all of our guests and their reviews. I am so excited to say that we are nearly complete with the renovation and we do hope that you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We loved this hotel. The staff is so great that my kids looked forward to breakfast and talking to them. They even made sure we had gluten free options for breakfast and for the evening BBQ. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the pool. Having our own kitchen was key to making the vacation cost effective. We wanted a location that would allow us access to all parts of San Diego and it was perfect. Lots of stores and restaurants right near by. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank orbuzzard
kibutler3, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to San Diego. You will also be excited to hear that in April of 2012 we upgraded our high speed internet to 50mbps and have changed our provider to make your future stays even more enjoyable.

Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I booked this hotel for a long 2 months stay for my business tip to San Diego California. The hotel offers great comforts and was an ideal match for me for its proximity to my office.

I was surprised with the service that the hotel provides. Menu for the breakfast is awesome, offering a wide variety of things to choose from. The staff were very friendly and often ready to help. The room was really luxurious and I opted for for a one bedroom suite with a decent size kitchen. Kitchen is an important priority for me as I am a strict vegetarian and prefer cooking my own food. Room had 2 lcd tvs , a mini dining table and a sofa set to complete the set. All in all, the acoustics of the room was very sound and pleasing.

In addition to it,the hotel offered an additional social hour sacks and some beer four days a week. The hotel had ample parking facility.

I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Dina009
Kit B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our property and I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff really appreciates the feedback and are always happy to help!

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to San Diego.