“Great menu, generous portions and awesome flavor”
Review of Expresso Pizza - CLOSED

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed 30 July 2010

A wonderful dinning experience. I have enjoy this family owned restaurant often. The chicken etna is very good and the new Limoncello Teremisu dessert is to die for! I would reccomend this restaurant to any visitor or local.

1  Thank showmestate60750

Reviewed 19 July 2010

There is no way this restaurant is #1 in San Diego. It is a mediocre neighborhood italian restaurant with not very good food, nor decor. We went there based on previous reviews, and were very disappointed!

Reviewed 22 May 2010

My husband and I felt this was the best Italian food we've had. The tiramisu was delicious. He ordered the special and I had the Shrimp Fra Diabola. Both were delicious. The service was very good as well. Friendly, not pretentious. The atmosphere was cozy comfortable, not stiff. The live music on Friday night is a treat. This is a small family style restaurant where the waitress knows the customers by name! Will definitely return and recommend.

1  Thank teeseeann
Reviewed 19 May 2010

This is a nice, small, neighborhood Italian place. It looks to be family run, and they do a great job. You really get the feeling of being a "local" while enjoying the food. I had one of the best antipasto salads I've had in a long time, and the pizza was good too. This is not a white linen, high-dollar place... While the food and service are good I'd be hard pressed to say this is the best restaurant in San Diego.

1  Thank AFL95
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I live in Calabasas, CA and whenever I'm in San Diego I stop at Expresso. I've been going there for over 15 years! Expresso has the best pizza I have ever had! The only problem is that they don't deliver to Calabasas! : (

1  Thank bldchick