“Delicious fish tacos, worth the wait”
Review of Blue Water

Blue Water
Ranked #10 of 5,274 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the way into san Diego from the airport (it's a few minute drive from the airport). we had to wait about 20 minutes to order as it was peak lunch time but the wait was worth it. the prices are reasonable and the fish tacos were delicious! nice casual atmosphere too

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Emphasis at the Blue Water is on getting the freshest fish, prepared in a variety of ways in a relaxed, casual room. If you're looking for white table cloths and high prices, this is not the place for you. Blue Water gets it right. Our Hawaiian wahoo and swordfish were great. The oysters were super fresh and wonderfully tasty. Great value. Good local beer on tap.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

My hubby and I went here. We had to wait in line about an hour (it was Friday night) and we got to see so many fantastic dishes come out of the kitchen - it was torture! We loved the sashimi dish we had as an appetizer. We each had different fish dishes (me mahi sandwich ad hubby a couple of tacos). All of it was really good, the only thing I would have like more was some seasoning on the fish. Although all of it had a marinade on it all were on the bland side. This place is a great choice for a casual seafood meal.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Plan ahead because there will be a line out the door. This place is that good! I had the shrimp taco and a sea bass taco and a cup of chopino soup. Excellent food! Taco's were filled full of grilled fish and shrimp some cabbage toped with some white sauce. Tasty! I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I tried this place because of the reviews but I must say I was not that impressed. When I arrived the line was almost out the door and the place was packed. I ordered two fish tacos (mahi mahi and red snapper). I enjoyed the red snapper the most as the mahi mahi was too "meaty and heavy" for me. I am willing to try this place again just because so many people there seemed to really enjoy the food.

Been to Blue Water? Share your experiences!