“The only way to get fresher fish is to catch it yourself.”
Review of Blue Water Seafood

Blue Water Seafood
Ranked #8 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“The only way to get fresher fish is to catch it yourself.”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Plan to wait 45 minutes if the line is out the front door. Totally worth the wait. Fresh fish, shellfish, and excellent chowder. Pick your fish, how you want it prepared, and sit back and wait for the freshest fish meal in San Diego. HIGHLY recommend!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
“Overrated”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We heard such raving reviews about this place and were psyched to try it. Line was extremely long, which would have been worth it if the food was good. The fish tacos we had were horrible. Each member of our party tried various marinades and all were bland. All 5 of us were extremely let down.Totally overrated.

Austin, Texas
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had heard good things about this place and their fish tacos (among other things), so my husband and I stood in line for about 30 minutes waiting to order. I loved that the menu offered so many choices of fresh fish and its preparation. We ordered cups of clam chowder and cioppino to accompany our grilled fish tacos. I got Alaskan Halibut and my husband got Local Halibut grilled fish tacos. The portions were very generous; the soups amazing; the fish fresh. My main reason for not going to a 5 was I couldn't taste even any nuance of sauce. I had chosen lemon-butter-garlic,and my hubby had gotten some type of chipotle sauce. He didn't taste his at all either. Mind you, we don't expect it slathered or to be the dominant flavor, but it really seemed like perhaps somehow the sauces had just been left off on accident. We hoped to come back and give it another shot, but we didn't get the chance. I'd go back for another round of yummy all the same.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Was what was billed”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Great Cioppino,chowder,beer taco,red crab cocktail,catch 1, ice tea cheese bread,and a pint $44.38 can't beat that with a stick . Had no trouble with a parking spot well worth whatever hassles come along.Guy was right on with this one!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Delicious seafood”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My boss recommended this place when he heard we were going on a trip to San Diego. On entering the restaurant we nearly did not stay as my daughter wanted more of a sit-down-and-be-served type of place. I am glad we stayed though. Arrived fairly early on a Friday night & the line was a bit long & the wait for our food almost 45 minutes after that but well worth the wait. I had the Calamari & must admit I have never tasted such tender calamari in my life!! Looked at other dishes around me being served and they all looked equally scrumptious.
Will definitely make a point of going back there if I go to San Diego again & recommend this place
I also recommend that you get enclosed patio seating - a lot less cramped & less busy than sitting inside where people are lining up to place their orders