“Fresh pasta”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Los Angeles, California
“Fresh pasta”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Always stop by and get pasta to take home. It's the best fresh pasta you can buy. They have sauces and cheese and other condiments.

Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
“Great place for fresh pasta”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

After returning from a vacation in Italy (and taking cooking classes there) I was in the mood to try to replicate the dishes I learned to cook while on vacation. I wanted to make my own pasta, but didn't have the time (or pasta machine) to do so so, but luckily I remembered Assenti's. We bought fresh pasta and sauce here before and it was very good and figured it was as close to homemade as I was going to get. After all, after having fresh, homemade pasta it's hard to go back to dried pasta.

They have an array of pastas including spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine, and pappardelle.

I also found the Italian cookies we really liked as well as an assortment of Italian extra virgin olive oils, wines, and other ingredients used in Italian cooking.

Prices can be a bit steep for some items, but if you're looking for fresh Italian pasta and/or imported Italian foodstuffs this is the place to go.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Best fresh pasta in San Diego”
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Great fresh pasta for sale at retail, and many flavors and shapes. The pasta is so good you could eat it raw, and I often have. Cooks in just a couple of minutes. Hardly needs a sauce, but they do have sauces that are also good. The prices seem high to me, dramatically higher than you will pay in an ordinary grocery store, but I guess the quality makes up for it. They don't accept cards, just cash, so be prepared. There is a cash machine in the store, but of course with the inevitable service charge. The high prices and cash-only rule are the only downsides. The pasta is delicious and the service is friendly, they always make you feel welcome and appreciated. It's a family-owned and run business and has that warm family feel to it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My only fresh pasta source - great sauces and balsamic vinegar selection as well.”
Reviewed 14 January 2008