“Best burrito”

El Cuervo Taco Shop
Ranked #1,019 of 4,957 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

Was able to stop by during a vacation. The place is small and you order at the counter. They have a lot of options and I noticed lots of people getting a burrito when I came in. I went with the California Burrito and it was the best I have ever had. Very fresh, tasty and an overall wonderful burrito at a very reasonable price. Hope I can try again to visit and try the tacos next time.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

El Cuervo Taco Shop is at the corner of Washington St. and 1st Ave in the Hillcrest section of San Diego, with their own free parking lot right next to the building (enter on 1st Ave, just north of Washington). It's very good for the price. I've eaten there many times and never had a bad meal. This is not a fancy, expensive place, but a typical neighborhood Mexican joint with authentic food at very affordable prices. You order at the counter, which also saves you some on the tip. Well worth a visit if you're in San Diego.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My wife and I have been in San Diego for a week craving Mexican food. We have tried several that had ambiance, but the food was lacking. El Cuervo is a simple place with wooden tables and chairs, high ceiling and bright painted walls but not fancy. You order at the rear counter and they call your number. The menu is on the wall and has lots of choices. I had a beef taco and a chicken taco; they were fantastic -- real shredded meat in fried tortilla shells that tasted the way they should. My wife had fish tacos and they were delicious. There's a bar at the back with four choices of self-serve salsa from mild to pretty warm. Prices were very reasonable. This is the kind of place I could go back and make a project of trying everything on the menu.

1  Thank Rocks_road
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My wife and I ate there today and were very impressed with their great Mexican food. Real standard stuff at a very economical price. This is NOT a place with water falls and lots of ambience. There is a LCD TV on in the corner with ESPN News. You place your order at the counter and they call your number. There are many "goodies" as they call them for extra flavor. They have large green chilis (4"+) that have been grilled and are the BEST that I have eaten anywhere in California. The enchiladas and burritos are excellent. You CAN'T go wrong eating here, especially if you have a large group to feed.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Authentic Mexican food, reasonably priced and very tasty. Excellent fish tacos, carnitas (crispy on the outside and juicy inside), nice salsa and guacamole.