“Great food, friendly, nicely priced”
Review of Grand Central Cafe - CLOSED

Grand Central Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Atlanta, GA
“Great food, friendly, nicely priced”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Always looking for a good, reasonably healthy, well priced breakfast. This is one of the better places. Food was fresh, well prepared (cooked just right, not greasy) and served with a smile in a clean, comfortable atmosphere. I will be back.

Hutchinson, Kansas
“Not bad”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

A block from the train station, decent food, good atmosphere. We'd go back. Would have gotten 5 stars if the corned beef hash had been made on site.

Orland Park, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Omelets made the correct way.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

First a few words about what I like in a breakfast restaurant. I usually eat solo and like room to spread out a newspaper and peruse it in the morning. This place satisfies that need.

I ate there yesterday morning early and found an attentive staff who gave me a booth despite being alone. I then ordered a San Diego omelet and sausage links.

The omelet was good - not great - and made the proper way (not like that horrid plate you usually get in the American south). The links were large and cooked just right. Of special note to me was that I requested strawberry jam or preserves for my English muffin and they got it right the first time. You would be surprised how often this little request gets screwed up at other places (about 85% of the time) - and I detest grape jelly. So points for that.

I thought the bill was a little high but I'm not used to California prices.

I definitely will be here again during my trip.

• Visited February 2014
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“inexpensive and tasty breakfast”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I went in for breakfast and had a spinach omelet with hash browns, and a pancake. The portions are large, with fresh ingredients, very tasty, and low prices. I enjoyed everything including the service.

Visited January 2014
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We walked down the street to this spacious cafe for a late morning breakfast. The location, in downtown San Diego, is certainly convenient to the many nearby hotels. Our waiter had a sense of humor, always appreciated. Everything from the corned beef hash to the scrambled eggs was tasty. We especially enjoyed the plump, fresh, firm blueberries in the pancakes. Delicious!