“Been going here 43 years-still good!”

Rudford's Restaurant
Ranked #843 of 4,834 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We've been regulars for many years. My husband and I love Sunday/Holiday turkey dinners. There's always leftovers. I also crave their 1/2 fried chicken with its crunchy batter coating, and the 2 pork chop dinner. Again, there's plenty for leftovers. Their house salad is a treat, made with romaine lettuce, gorgonzola or blue cheese? and lemon. Every dinner meal comes with a bread, potatoes or rice, vegetables, and dessert which is very small and simple. Stay away from the salmon unless you emphasize undercooking it, otherwise it will be too dry and fishy. The mashed potato is probably boxed but ok. Service has been very good for us as they know us and take good care of us. Our tip reflects this. There is a discount coupon on line and occasionally a two for 1 to purchase. We spend our holiday dinners here as it's the best value for two seniors.

There are newer reviews for Rudford's Restaurant

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We ate lunch at Rudford's for the first time in a couple of years and the experience was great! In the past we ate at Rudford's quite a lot, but the food and the service had gone 'downhill' so we had not been there in a while, but were in the neighborhood today and decided to try it again The food was much improved over the last time we ate there and our waitress was very good! We will be going back more often!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Return visit to San Diego and visiting our eating haunts. Breakfast and lunch at Rudford's was very delicious!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Breakfast are my fave here. Weekends there is a short wait. Cheap prices. Friendly staff. Pay at the cashier.

1  Thank pezdisney
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I always go to Rudfords when I get to San Diego. I used to go there a lot when I lived in the area. Its a classic diner, known for its reasonably priced food and waitresses that have been there for years. The only disappointment I had was in the area around the restaurant, many of the older bungelows that used to line the streets are gone, replaced by ugly condos! Such a shame, but at least Rudfords is still there!

1  Thank Travelalot31310