“Little bit of vegan heaven at Pearson Deli, Shelter Island”
Review of Pearson Deli

Pearson Deli
Ranked #871 of 4,890 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Ask the staff at Pearson's to make you a vegan sandwich and you're in for a treat! This toasted feast of creamy avocado, lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, onion, and pickles is lightly seasoned and topped with a sprinkle of oil and vinegar. Grab some sandwiches and head for the island, this little tucked away treasure is a great place for your picnic supplies.

Pearson Deli is a part of Pearson's Fuel Dock where boaters, marine craftsmen, locals and tourists come for marine services and great sandwiches. Enjoy the view from the upper level of the docks or get sandwiches to-go.

1  Thank Liz G

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Pearson Deli on Shelter Island is by far the best deli I have been to. It's just a little take-out deli on the way into the island and is in the A-frame building. They make awesome sandwiches and you won't be disappointed. They are a little pricey but the sandwiches are big and they used quality ingredients. My boyfriend and I go there all the time when we are down in the Shelter Island area. BTW, their BLTs are the best I've ever had!!

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I searched for Pearson's after reading reviews and I was not disappointed. It is a tiny family run place with very little room. I ordered a BLT with avacado & Turkey. The owner made it up herself & was very charming. It was a huge sandwich! I enjoyed it for two lunches. On my next visit I could probably order a half---but I will probably go for the 2 meal one again!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

What a wonderful place!!

If you're looking for "posh", don't bother. If you're looking for fabulous value for money and a stunning view of the marina full of the most magnificent vessels, I strongly recommend this place.

Breakfast for me consisted of an egg and bacon crumpet (eggs done how you want) for $3.25. Lunch consisted of one (and I mean one, they are huge!) sandwich from a great selection. The people who run the place are very accommodating and will make up virtually anything. Take-always are popular. There are also soup options. And other "deli" bits.

If you're struggling to park go past it (with it in your right). Turn right at the roundabout just after it and there's loads of free parking.

One of our favourite spots in San Diego.

1  Thank mtjon007
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Channel 70 Productions crew has eaten here about a zillion times. Good food and great boat watching. The parking is terrible, but it's worth it to go hunt a space and walk.