“breakfast like a local”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Woking, United Kingdom
“breakfast like a local”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I wouldn't have known this was a deli if I hadn't found it on a review site. The local people who work on the boats seem to use it. Not a great deal of choice but the bacon on an English muffin was nice. We sat on a little terrace overlooking the Marina.

Visited August 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“When I am in town I stop here!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was on Shelter Island for the weekend. I didn't expect the deli to be open on a sunday so I was pleasantly surprised. What a hard-working couple. Ad always the sandwiches were huge & yummy. Grab your picnic lunch here & head for Shelter Island Beach!

• Visited August 2013
asia
“Don't miss this small gem!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I'm not a sandwich person. I'm Asian so I still generally go for noodles and rice for my carb requirements :) but this deli changed they way I look at sandwiches! I read some good reviews about this place prior to our trip and decided to get some sandwiches here for our visit to the zoo and the Safari Park. We first came in on a Sunday and tried to get an order for our trip to the Safari Park but there was a 30 minute wait going on to get your order. I could see piles of sandwiches on the counter waiting for pick up! The sandwiches must be that good, I thought. I asked for their number so I could call ahead. We picked up our sandwich the following day for our trip to the zoo... Even if the BLT sandwich has been sitting for hours in our backpack, when we had it for lunch the bacon was still crispy! It was the BEST BLT I've ever had. I don't think I can enjoy any other BLT anymore because of Pearson's. This is the first place I will go to if I ever set foot on Shelter Island again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ditz_8
Chula Vista, California
“Hidden Gem with Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I picked up a friend from the airport at midday and she was hungry after her flight from the east coast, so we were going to stop at another deli that I had been to before, grab a sandwich, and have a picnic lunch on Shelter Island, but the other deli had gone out of business.

I stumbled across Pearson Deli at the fuel pier and we decided to give it a try. I'm glad that we did.

The staff is very friendly and engaging, and willing to do most anything you ask. The sandwiches are made from fresh bread and fresh ingredients making them delicious. The sandwiches are quite large and one sandwich could easily be split between two people, giving you great value for your money.

So now when I have out of town guests arriving at the airport, and they're up for a meal and scenic introduction to San Diego, I stop at Pearson's, get something "to go," and head over to one of the picnic tables along Shelter Island, and enjoy lunch in the sunshine as the boats move up and down the harbor. (It makes quite the impression on first-time visitors!)

Pearson's now has another loyal customer.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank zed1958
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little bit of vegan heaven at Pearson Deli, Shelter Island”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Ask the staff at Pearson's to make you a vegan sandwich and you're in for a treat! This toasted feast of creamy avocado, lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, onion, and pickles is lightly seasoned and topped with a sprinkle of oil and vinegar. Grab some sandwiches and head for the island, this little tucked away treasure is a great place for your picnic supplies.

Pearson Deli is a part of Pearson's Fuel Dock where boaters, marine craftsmen, locals and tourists come for marine services and great sandwiches. Enjoy the view from the upper level of the docks or get sandwiches to-go.

• Visited April 2013