“Real food made by real people”

Newbreak Coffee & Cafe
Ranked #16 of 226 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Real food made by real people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Nothing corporate here. Beachy, with fresh food mostly made on premises. Excellent baked goods, rather charming service. This place should be a garbage tourist trap: it is anything BUT that! It's a real locals hangout. Stopped by here after surfing with my teenage son and we had a truly delightful brunch. This place will become one of our post-surfing go to spots in OB. I was very impressed.

• Visited July 2013

California
“Great coffee, quick breakfast and nicest servest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

On the way to the AUA meeting at 7:20 am I stopped at this coffee store and I am glad I did. I had a sipunrise sandwich in pita was very tasty. Also, asked for a canberry muffin as it look very good in the window. Very nice taste, somewhat cakey texture. I tried the Konablend coffee it was very good as well. The best was the service. She was nice, warmed up the coffee cup before pouring the coffee and offered to warm the muffin. So, I am impressed and now happy on my way to the sessions!

• Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect little cafe for a good, quick bite to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

We were in town with friends for the weekend and ate breakfast here both mornings! We don't get many places like this where we're from, good atmosphere and good, speedy food. Ate breakfast... between all of us we had the omelet, burrito, bagels, etc and everything was delicious.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Local Spot for Breakfast, Lunch or Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stopped by Newbreak Cafe totally by accident because I was tired and hungry after visiting Ocean Beach. What a lucky find! It was after lunch, but the cafe was filled with people enjoying a drink or snack and just hanging out reading, surfing the web, or talking. I had a delicious blueberry smoothie and caught up on some work. If I lived in Ocean Beach I know this would be my go to place.

• Visited September 2012
denver
“A find right around the corner from Ocean Beach, CA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

looking for coffee, tea and a light breakfast near where we stayed lead us to this sweet spot for all we wanted and more.. Will go back to try other other items on the menu, Check out the wall of tea.. Like Starbucks but for us tea drinkers when it comes to selection.

• Visited February 2013