“Good place for breakfast right at the beach”

Newbreak Coffee & Cafe
Ranked #10 of 236 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We grabbed some coffees and a bite here before hitting the beach, which is right across the street. They had some wooden tables for groups and some for just a couple of people, it was a nice atmosphere, many people on laptops, etc. The coffee was excellent, and my egg sandwich was good. The kids loved the smoothies and bagels. Solid place!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Nothing corporate here. Beachy, with fresh food mostly made on premises. Excellent baked goods, rather charming service. This place should be a garbage tourist trap: it is anything BUT that! It's a real locals hangout. Stopped by here after surfing with my teenage son and we had a truly delightful brunch. This place will become one of our post-surfing go to spots in OB. I was very impressed.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

On the way to the AUA meeting at 7:20 am I stopped at this coffee store and I am glad I did. I had a sipunrise sandwich in pita was very tasty. Also, asked for a canberry muffin as it look very good in the window. Very nice taste, somewhat cakey texture. I tried the Konablend coffee it was very good as well. The best was the service. She was nice, warmed up the coffee cup before pouring the coffee and offered to warm the muffin. So, I am impressed and now happy on my way to the sessions!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We were in town with friends for the weekend and ate breakfast here both mornings! We don't get many places like this where we're from, good atmosphere and good, speedy food. Ate breakfast... between all of us we had the omelet, burrito, bagels, etc and everything was delicious.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stopped by Newbreak Cafe totally by accident because I was tired and hungry after visiting Ocean Beach. What a lucky find! It was after lunch, but the cafe was filled with people enjoying a drink or snack and just hanging out reading, surfing the web, or talking. I had a delicious blueberry smoothie and caught up on some work. If I lived in Ocean Beach I know this would be my go to place.