“Definite go to place in San Diego”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saigon on Fifth

Saigon on Fifth
Ranked #450 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Definite go to place in San Diego”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is an elegant restaurant with gracious service and excellent food. We especially like their Beef broth Pho. Highly recommended. (Don't be frightened by the look of the restaurant. You can have two bowls of Pho and spend less than $10 per person!) Also open very late!

• Visited November 2013

Colton, California
“very impressed”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

one of the best meal i have had.
all of us in a party of 6 were very impressed --- food excellent, ambience was well set for a date or family get together, service and the price.
we had all fish dishes - the best was the creamy basil bass dish
they have only 2 desserts in the menu - the sticky rice with mango fared less than Thai

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sweetheartofs
“Awesome food, great service!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find a good pho place and stumbled across this Gem. We had the spring rolls and vegetable pho. Both were amazing. Our server was one of the best we have ever had at a Vietnamese restaurant. A very pleasant experience and we would definitely come back next time we are in town.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jfreakingw
Vancouver |Canada
“Good food and great value for money”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The decor is elegant and the service was super fast. Very tasty food in large portions. My friend and I ordered two dishes, ate a lot and had enough leftovers to give a homeless person a super meal.

• Visited August 2013
Needham, Massachusetts
“Tasty Vegan Options”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I love this restaurant! The owners are friendly and gracious. The staff are always attentive as well. As a vegan I have found many choices available to me but I find myself ordering the same dishes over and over because they're just so good! I love the Ginger Salad, just be sure to order it vegan or they will add fish sauce to the dressing. The Lemongrass Mock Chicken is delicious and I always order it spicy, a number 8 on their spiciness scale. I have enjoyed many other items on the menu including Mixed Vegetables, Sweet and Sour and Yellow Curry, all were very tasty. Did I mention the prices are very reasonable as well? If you're in the Hillcrest area of San Diego and are looking for good food at a reasonable price, served graciously in a lovely setting that will appeal to many different appetites, vegan, vegetarian and meat eaters alike, please try Saigon On Fifth. Really a delightful experience for all!

• Visited August 2013