“The Islands Hanalei”

Ranked #1,930 of 5,172 Restaurants in San Diego
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The food and service were great. The Hawaiian atmosphere really set the mood. You can sit inside or go out to the lanai and enjoye your food while viewing the swimming pool.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Fun atmosphere. Really good food with some fun choices. Waiter was funny and helpful. Had a great time

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hawaiian vibe overlooking a tropical view. The food is a nice mix of Asian inspired cuisine and american style classics. Casual and reasonably priced

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and the Islands is one of their two onsite restaurants. We had breakfast and lunch at the Islands and both meals were very good.

For lunch, we ordered the burgers with fries. The burger was very good, much better than a fast-food offering, but the fries were amazing. Crispy, hot, with tender potato goodness inside.

Breakfast was tasty, as well. We both had the All American, eggs with a meat selection. My bacon was delcious--smoky and meaty. My husband had the sage sausage which I tasted and although I detected the sage, I felt the sausage was nothing special.

Service here is attentive and friendly, not fast. Although we were one of three-four parties dining, it still took awhile to get our food. The Islands friendly servers made up for it, however.

The cost of our meals was a bit high for breakfast and burgers but when you are too tired to go anywhere else, it's okay.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Excellent menu choices with very generous portions. NIce atmosphere and good service.