“My favorite place in San Diego!”
Review of Zia's Bistro - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Fir St.
Boston, Massachusetts
“My favorite place in San Diego!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had dinner there on Saturday (3/29), arrived at about 8:30 and waited for half an hour to get a table outside. Absolutely worth the wait! The food was outstanding, fantastic wine choices. We were three, I had the rib (can't for the life of me remember the name of the dish, but it was cooked for 6 hours and it melted right off the bone), one of us had the shrimp alfredo (very yummy!), and one of us had the chicken parm. We loved the food, the live music and the flowers certainly added to the charm. Our waiter was fantastic, informative, offered great suggestions on both wines & food menu. The cappuccino afterwards is outstanding as well. I will certainly return on my next trip to San Diego.

Seattle, Washington
“Poor Service, Good Food, Good Location”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

On a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, I stopped here to dine at one of their sidewalk tables. Their menu is good, as is their food. At 2pm, they were not overly busy, but my waiter seemed offended I didn't order a drink (just water) and practically snatched the drink menu away. When he came back to take my food order, he snidely asked if I would be eating. When he brought me my food, he plunked my plate down and ran off - I had to flag down the busboy to ask for an extra napkin. When I got the check and paid, the waiter shorted me $1.12 in change. I still tipped him because I'm hoping he was just having a bad day, and otherwise the restaurant and the food were good, but he could have ruined my day if I wasn't such a happy person. If you go here, try to get a female server, on the off chance he still works here. And count your change.

1 Thank StacetheGreat
“It was ok”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We went here for lunch and the bill was over $100. The food was good--fresh and well made. The greeting and the service were ok. Just got the feeling that they see ALOT of tourists and they do a good, solid job--but nothing exceptional--especially for the price.

Redlands, California
“Glad we decided on Zias”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our initial plan was to try Mimmos or Fillipis (sp?) but kept walking because of the long waits to get into those two. Stumbled upon Zias b/c I noticed a man at an outdoor table devouring some yummy looking pasta and decided to give Zias a try. SO glad we stopped here. Fabulous atmosphere, service (thanks Daniel) and of course food. Mother-in-law from London proclaimed the butternut squash ravioli the best she'd ever had. Kids loved the food and warm garlic rolls. My gnocchi was wonderful although the marinara could have been seasoned a bit more. Overall, 5 out of 5 and glad we kept walking past the big names of Little Italy.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing food great service”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Great service must go here.... the food was superbly delicious. Having pizza was like eating little bites of heaven......... wonderful seafood pasta..
absoluteky loved it