“A nice detour”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A nice detour”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

After my visit to Kennedy Space center I saw their sign and made a detour. From California, this is a very unique experience doing my 2 miles hiking loop (out of about 6 safe and well marked trails).

Visited June 2013

Merritt Island, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Really is enchanted”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Our photo club meets here once a month and it certainly is a nice pleasant surrounding. The forest is home to many creatures, from spiders to birds, to tortoise, to all types of animals and insects, as well as many types of vegetation. There are many stuffed animals, e.g. bobcat, and photos of local animals and vegetation in the office and surrounding rooms.

There's no admission price.

Hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9 - 5pm Closed Sat and Sunday

Clean restrooms and meeting rooms are available to all.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank maggie068
Titusville, Florida, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“BioDiverse learning experience - Letter boxing!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

You will find letterboxes here hidden in the forest on the trails that's a fun thing to do, and take the guide tours as well. Every weekend events, and just a beautiful hike in all season. I've seen so many things every time I go and I have lost count!

Great events for kids 1 per month, great events for runners by invitation! Get in with the deadheads and volunteer it's fun!

Interactive stations inside, story telling, native american artifacts, artwork and gift shop. Where I get my hiking sticks!

You'll learn why we fire brings life to a forest and is needed for certain species of pines to grow! You'll see the canal, and just beautiful full hammocked forest to truly become enchanted in. A beautiful old Florida treasure! Please support!

Visited June 2012
Rockledge, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“An Easy Way to See Another Side of Florida”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Enchanted Forest is a nature sanctuary in Tittusville near the Space Center. It is a wonderful trip for both local families looking for a day out or for visiting families looking for something a little more low-key than Disney or beach crowds. It has a total of 5 miles of trails and covers five different habitats native to Florida: oak scrub, mesic hammock, hydric hammock, wet prairie and pine flatwood. Most of the paths are easy to navigate, but in the hammock areas, the ground can get pretty wet. Although the park is located near the highway, it is serene and quiet.
At the entrance is a learning center that has a interactive exhibit explaining the habitats and wildlife. There is also a children's room with educational toys and puzzles. A fun day out for the whole family.

Visited March 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Didn't see much nature, but had fun.”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

While in Florida, my daughter and husband came for a visit so we decided to go have a little fun. I ran across this place previously when I was out driving around.

We did see a kewl old turtle, but that was the extent of the "nature" oh wait, I did see a weird bug. We did have fun and enjoyed the trail. The guys had to walk ahead most of the time but that is ok, they just had to wait on us. HA HA

Visited January 2013