“Not wowed.”

Ranked #42 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for breakfast (5am-10am) and dinner (5pm-10pm) 7 days a week, Bapa's Bistro features a wide array of Southern Coastal selections. Whether you join the locals at the bar, enjoy the Florida sun on the outdoor patio, or eat while relaxing in your room.
Niceville, FL
“Not wowed.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our server informed us she had to take room service orders as well as wait on our table so that was not a good sign. My appetizer of crab cakes was good, my daughter's bisque was underwhelming and hubby enjoyed his french onion soup.My flat iron steak was cooked perfectly and was delicious. Daughter's fish entree was smallish in size but tasty and a tad overcooked but her veggies looked appetizing. My roasted vegetables were actually just mushy potatoes and a piece of roasted celery-odd. I ordered sauteed mushrooms and received CANNED mushrooms on top of my steak-unacceptable! The waitress did remove the charge for the mushrooms from my bill. The most disappointing was my husband's rib eye steak. It was the most expensive item on the menu and it was extremely thin and was grey in the center but he ordered it medium rare! This was curious since my flat iron steak was cooked perfectly but it was a thicker steak.Not worth the price we paid and certainly not a top restaurant. Perhaps the chef should have remained in the kitchen instead of socializing with the party at the next table as he came out three times to talk to them and it was not a busy night at this restaurant. Maybe a helper was cooking my husband's steak?

• Visited November 2013
Cheyenne E, Manager at Bapa's Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I'd like to apologize for any disappointment you may have experienced during your dinner with us. We are a small restaurant and like to run a lean staff for everyone's benefit. Room Service is part of our standard as a hotel and is made and served by the same staff that work in the restaurant. I do wish that you give us another shot.

Richmond, Virginia
“Just Wow”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at their buffet, and it was stellar. I thought the turkey had been smoked, it was so moist. And the squash and spiced apple soup - well, I'm going to find the recipe if it's the last thing I do. Being out of towners, I had no idea a place like this existed in Titusville. Make sure to go if you are in the area.

• Visited November 2013
So happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving with the Bapa's family, Riterchick! Now, if you ask nicely, Clarence, our chef, may give you a few hints as to the recipe for the Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.
“Happy Vegan!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I came here with my family the other night and was pleasantly surprised to find that they would cater to my dietary needs. As a vegan, it is hard to find a restaurant that will work with me (especially in a small town like Titusville or Port St. John), but Bapa's made sure that there was no butter in my food and made me a plate of vegetables and potatoes that were all perfectly seasoned. The staff didn't give me any problems or a hard time for being vegan or being a difficult customer. I will definitely come back here every time I'm in town!!

Thank you, Sara P., for your kind words! We pride ourselves on our ability to roll with the punches and cater to everyone's needs. If you have any vegan or vegetarian menu ideas, please, share with us!
Duluth, Georgia
“A great surprise”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were on a business trip and asked our local contact to recommend a good place to have dinner that wasn't a chain. She (and two coworkers, independently) recommended Bapa's. By good fortune it was in the hotel just next door from where we were staying--a standout where all of the other choices within walking distance were of the Cracker Barrel's-Dennys-IHOP variety. It turned out to be a great choice. All four of us enjoyed our meals. I had the strawberry chicken salad--fresh greens, and the chicken was grilled perfectly--and a bowl of French onion soup, also good. Another person had the crab cakes and really liked them. The cost was reasonable. The service was fine.

Obviously a big selling point of this restaurant is that it's the best possible choice if you are staying in one of the interstate hotels. But I would recommend trying Bapa's even if you are staying someplace farther away--it's worth the drive.

• Visited November 2013
Mike, thank you, sincerely, for taking the time to share your thoughts on your dinner. It means a lot to us to have someone suggest that we are worth the drive, no matter the distance. We really appreciate it. Next time you are in town, be sure to swing by for another Strawberry Chicken Salad!
Titusville, Florida
“Reunion gathering”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Varied menu. Large servings--not just decorative sprigs of veggies. All of our reunion group (21 folks) had positive comments.

Visited October 2013
Thank you so much, Dana P., for sharing your group's thoughts on their reunion dinner! So pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed their meals. I hope you will bring the bunch in again, next year.