“Outstanding food in a family run restaurant.”
Review of David's Restaurant

David's Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: Asian
Branson, Missouri
“Outstanding food in a family run restaurant.”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

There are Chinese, Japanese, Thai & American choices on the menu. Prices range from a selection of $4.95 lunch specials to some quite expensive items (such as sushi). Everything I had was TOP NOTCH in flavor and freshness, including the best hot & sour soup I've tasted. The "krab" rangoon was extraordinarily flavorful too. Hate to be redundant, but ditto for the spicy chicken (from the lunch specials; those dishes are served w/ a spring roll, choice of soup).
I went into "Davids" - how many people never went there because of the uninspired name? - because when coming into town I was too tired to be picky and look around for a better place to eat. I was going for a quickie and when served, was very suprised at how superior the cooking was. Everything was so well seasoned and tasted so much better than the same dish(es) prepared elsewhere, it made me wonder why other restaurants aren't preparing food like this. Someone here is really on the ball.
Titusville is a tourist town and the people lunching around me were locals; that speaks to quality and consistency. Around me were police officers, business people and some older couples.
The owner/operators are very friendly. They are an Asian family and I was served on different occasions by grandma, mom and a high school aged daughter (saw a younger daughter, Grandpa, and Dad is in the kitchen). They were all very cheerful and welcoming people and were chatty and pleasant when approached, but didn't pester me at my table.

The food here is so good, I ate here twice in three days and when I drove out of town on my way back home, I stopped and got take-out for supper that night. Even cold and hours old I knew that it would be far superior to anything I would come across on the road.

• Visited July 2011