“Good pizza”

Mamma Rosa's Pizzeria Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 145 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Liked the pizza everything i read about. Garlic rolls lacked garlic. Service wad excellent family run business.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great service, good food. Overall a very good place for lunch. The portions are very generous, but they are more expensive than you'd like. I woudl prefer smaller portions and less price, but that's a preference. I can always take home half my lunch.

The pizza's are excellent. Last time I had a meatball sub. Everything was very fresh, including the sub roll, and all nicely melted and warmed. The sauce could have used a bit more spice, it was a little bland. They do bring you spices to help out.

I have never been for dinner.

They are sometimes unexpectedly closed which is common for a purely family run business. They did let us know will be closed for a few weeks for vacation. So, mid-late July re-opening.

The last visit before this one they were closed because someone had a baby. We didn't mind as there are other Italian places in Titusville and I certainly don't begrudge a family business closing when there is a significant family event! I just mention it so you know.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

There are a number of places in Titusville to get good Italian food and pizza according to fellow Tripadvisors and others. Probably you have a family run, no frills Italian restaurant just like this one in your hometown just like I do. I think every town should have one! Well, this is the place in Titusville!

We went here after research and talking to one of the locals. At first glance it appears like a take out pizza place in a small strip mall. We did not try the pizza, but decided to eat in at one of the several booths along the wall. Our server was quick to seat us and bring us a glass of wine while we looked through the menu. The kitchen and pizza ovens are visible and noticably busy at the early dinner hour. Families with small children were here as well as couples of all ages.

My wife ordered baked stuffed shells and a caesar salad. When the salad arrived she immediately put half in a box to take home! Very generous portion! Crisp and fresh and excellent with the flavor you would expect from a good quality restaurant. Her shells were done el dente which at least in my experience is not always the case. Cheese and sauce made this dish perfect and certainly one to order again.

My personal barometer of Italian restaurants is the eggplant. Usually when I eat at one for the first time this is what I order. Thus, eggplant parmesan was my choice with a side of spaghetti. I love it when you can cut it with a fork, so when my fork easily cut the tender eggplant I knew I was in for a treat. Skin-on eggplant was breaded and bathed in Mamma's wonderful marinara sauce and topped with cheese. A good portion that also served me for lunch the next day.

As we were eating our meal I noticed a dark haired lady in the next booth. My wife was talking about how good her meal was and I pointed at the lady and said: "I think she is the cook!" Yes, she smiled and was indeed Mamma Rosa. We chatted a bit and she told me how this was a family run restaurant and pointed out all the family members.

As you can guess we had a great experience for a reasonable price. The staff were friendly even to the point as to recommend a seafood restaurant for our next culinary adventure. You can go to a place and have a good meal, but if the staff makes you feel at home then you have found a real gem of a place. This is one of those places.

1  Thank BenGruda
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Just like back North - the owners are from NY and do a great job to serve good tasting food. The pizza was perfect

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Mamma Rosa's is a little hole in the wall with terrific food. The calzones are our favorite and can easily be shared by two. The secret to success is the owner's grandmother, who makes the sauce, and the high quality of the mozzarella, which is imported from NY.