“Fun place to eat!”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in Titusville
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We ate here while vacationing in New Smyrna Beach. Very interesting place. The kids loved feeding the fish and turtles! The food was okay. Their hushpuppies (or corn fritters?) were AWESOME!!! My husband felt it was a little overpriced. The waiter was very accomodating. Overall a very good experience. I would reccomend it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,310)

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We had considered abandoning our traditional stop at Dixie Crossroads in favor of a new experience this year. I am so glad we changed our minds. One call to the other restaurant revealed that, due to a shortage in rock shrimp, they had none available. And rock shrimp is what Dixie Crossroads does best. We feasted on gator ribs and rock shrimp and blackened sea bass and it was all exemplary. The kids meals are a real bargain which makes it possible for our family of 8 to eat here and still meet our budgetary requirements. The wait staff is also friendly and attentive without being overwhelming. We enjoyed an endless supply of delicious sweet tea with our meals and ended the evening feeding the fish in the outdoor ponds while savoring the aftermath of another delectable meal.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Growing up in Titusville, I've been eating here for years. It USED to be one of my favorites. Unfortunately, the things that made it special once are gone. Last time we were there, the service was slow and inattentive. He never refilled our drinks. I ordered the shrimp bisque, which used to be homemade, full of mini shrimp and flavor. This time it was bland, murky and full of nothing but potatoes and broth with 2 shrimp bits in it. I asked to trade it for a different soup or salad, and the waiter said I would have to pay for an additional side! The baked potato was undercooked. The only upside was that their steamed rock shrimp are still excellent, albeit way more expensive then they used to be, even considering the rising cost of food everywhere. This used to be a place to get huge portions of excellent food for a fair price. It isn't anymore. Sadly, it's become a tourist attraction more than anything else.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We live in the Orlando area and used to go to Dixie Crossroads more frequently when we were around Merritt Island or Titusville. It had been 10+ years since we went to Dixie Crossroads last and after spending the day at Kennedy Space Center today, I suggested to my wife that we go there. Without hesitation she agreed.

I must admit that I approached the front door with some trepedation because we hadn't been there in years and I wasn't sure about how the food and service had changed over that time. Years ago, the food was pretty good but we always found the service to be less than stellar, mostly because it seemed that the staff didn't really care if we were there or not. So I walked in hoping I would not regret my suggestion...

Let me tell you that they completely exceeded my expectations! Our server, Kim, was wonderful. She was attentive, informative, friendly, timely and genuinely cared about how we were doing. My wife has a shellfish alergy and I requested that her catfish be prepared separately from how they do the shrimp. The kitchen did not hesitate to take care of this, although the preparation time would be longer than usual. We were fine with that.

When our meal was served, it was exactly as we hoped. The shrimp I got and my wife's catfish were delicious. The side dishes were equally good, and those powder sugar dusted hush puppies are like dessert!

In summary, I am SO pleased that Dixie Crossroads was even BETTER than I remembered it! We will definitely go again!

1  Thank eph3
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We took a ride on our motorcycle for the 4th of July 2012. Made it a point to stop at Dixie Crossroads for lunch. Plenty of room, quick service and the best shrimp and grits I've ever had!
Wish it were on the water...but I will settle for good food any day!