“Great service but could use some renovation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dixie Crossroads

Dixie Crossroads
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Orlando, Florida
“Great service but could use some renovation”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am a local and had family come in from a different state that wanted seafood. I know from going to restaurants closer to the beach that the service is horrendous even though the food is very good. So, I took them to Dixie Crossroads. I have only been a couple times before this trip. My general experience on this trip was the same as other times I have been. The host staff seemed a little less than happy to be there but our server was really great. There was no wait when we went and parking was more than adequate. For the price I thought the portions were generous especially the tons of free corn fritters that were brought to our table. I would say in comparison to other seafood places the food is average. There is nothing particularly awesome on the menu, but it's still pretty authentic (not like Red Lobster). I was disappointed with the lack of variety in entree options. I had the rock shrimp, which is about as unique as this place gets. It was cooked perfectly and served hot with drawn butter. The fries were great. My sister got the lobster which was humongous, and she said it was very good. The biggest downfall about this restaurant is the serious need for renovation. The carpets and seating are really old and make the restaurant look dirty. Also, the terrible uniforms the employees have to wear look like road construction crew vests.

• Visited July 2014
Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
We appreciate your recognition of the fact that we do serve authentic locally caught seafood instead of it being foreign pond raised. We think we have an awesome wait staff also.
We will use your review to talk with our host staff to help them improve their greeting when our guest arrive.
To help us improve our facility, we would appreciate a little clarification on your comment about the carpet. We currently have 2 large door mats when you enter due to the excessive amount of rain we are receiving this summer. That is the only carpet in the building - the rest is tile. Is this what you are referring to?
Again, we thank you for taking the time to help us improve the dining experience at Dixie Crossroads.

Severna Park, Maryland
“Just not my type of seafood place”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

On a positive note, there was plenty of parking. The hotel owner had recommended the place and I thought we should try it. Seating was fast. the waitress was quick. Our drinks were served fast and they put fried fritters covered in powdered sugar. I had never had sugar on my fritters and it was not a favourite. The fritters were not that great. We ordered the crabby bites because we had a coupon. Again, not that good. I had broiled grouper which was bland. The salad was good. The other entrees were the bacon shrimp and coconut shrimp. The bacon shrimp had a huge piece of bacon wrapped around a small shrimp. Finally just pulled the bacon off to eat the shrimp that was bland. Same for the coconut shrimp, the flavor was in the sauce. Oh, the spouse also had the clam chowder and did not bother to finish it. Very disappointed. We will not go again and certainly would not recommend. Oh yeah and do not use the women bathroom stall number one. It is a straight line of sight to seating and was just not right. Legs only but still....

1 Thank Rita of the River
Ocala, FL
“Addictive Corn Fritters & Tasty Seafood”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Recently, while visiting Titusville to see the launching of a missile, we stopped for dinner. It was a rainy afternoon about 5:45 p.m., there was no wait to be seated. Our server, Rose, was attentive, efficient & friendly. The corn fritters are habit forming! Enjoy them but don't overindulge and spoil your dinner. I had the medium shrimp, 1 dozen, (half fried & half broiled), they were delicious. The fried shrimp were excellent, the batter not heavy & not fried to a crisp....just perfect. The broiled was tasty & they came with drawn butter. The cheese grits are plentiful & creamy. My friend had the shrimp alfredo. The portion was plentiful & the alfredo sauce was thick & rich. We both had leftovers to bring home.

The restaurant was clean, service was great and we left feeling that we had eaten too much. I think it was those pesky corn fritters! Would dine here again when in the area.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“For Old Times Sake . . .”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I used to frequent this restaurant over 20 years ago! I was so pleased to find that everything was the same - in the best possible way! The menu is extensive with an emphasis on seafood, especially their famous rock shrimp. The corn fritters are outstanding as was the service! By all means, try this place if you are in the area of the Kennedy Space Center. It is a local business at its best!

DeBary
“Don't order Prime Rib in a sea food restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Dixie Crossroads is resting on past glory in my opinion. While the others in my party said their meals were good, mine was terrible. I ordered the 10 oz medium prime rib since I had fish the night before. My order had at least a 2 oz portion of fat. The server took it back after agreeing the fat should not have been left on the plate. The second serving came well done instead of medium and the blacken seasoning was rubbed on after cooking making the meat very dry. I declined sending it back again since the rest of the party was already half way through their meals. I guess the lesson is don't order prime rib in a sea food restaurant. Beware.

3 Thank JRV42