“Fabulousstupendous food, welcoming owners, a lot of character and charm”

Casa Coquina Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Titusville B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Fabulousstupendous food, welcoming owners, a lot of character and charm”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed in the Topaz. This room opened into a daybed in its sitting area, with two chairs. continue through the next set of doors into your queen sized bed, and a private bathroom off of that. this room is on the second story of the b&b. the owners are accomodating and very welcoming. I checked in past check in time, and they kept the evening snacks and beverages out for me and greeted me warmly. they have homemade cookies and tea always available. I enjoyed the hot tub at night. the breakfast consisted of 5 star menu items such as raspberry dark chocolate stuffed french toast, fresh basil parmesan egg souffle, seasoned tomatoes, fresh fruit, smoked ham, fresh juice. hot tea, coffee, and choffy were served as well. choffy is like coffee, except it is made from roasted cacao beans. exquisite! the owners told me next time I come, if I bring my bicycles or kayak, they even will store them for me. this place is less expensive than a hotel, includes a meal that you'd pay a fortune for out, and you get a homey feel. I watched the sunrise at the dock across the street from the b&b, but they also have a deck just though the library on the second floor. you should also note that there is a telescope available in the library. it's not pro grade or anything, but it will definitely give you a unique view if the moon if you're an amateur, way better advantage than the naked eye! cool for kids too. would stay here again as often as I have the opportunity, wouls recommend this gem to anyone. :)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jnhaywar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Canbera, A.C.T.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We spent 3 nights here in January in the Opal and Emerald rooms. The owners must be compulsive collectors as there are quirky things everywhere including a huge "horse" with rider in the hallway. Every room has been decorated different themes and the outside out the house has been painted to look as though the plaster has worn off to reveal "bricks" underneath. At first glance we were taken in, thinking it was real! Dennis was helpful and friendly and his breakfasts were tasty and different every day. And thankyou Dennis for getting up very early on our last day to provide us with coffee and takeaway breakfast when we left at 7.30am. However, although there was a promise of 24 hour hot water it didn't materialise. Twice we arrived back after a day's activities gasping for a cuppa and finding only warm water instead of hot. Another whinge is that the table clothes in the dining area were stained and remained that way for all of our stay. And where was the hot tub? Reading other people's comments we discovered that there was one but Dennis didn't make any mention of it so we didn't get to use it, unfortunately. For the days we stayed Dennis was managing on his own - his wife being at their other B & B - and we can't help wondering if things would smarten up when his wife got back the following Tuesday.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelKings49
Kimberly M, Owner at Casa Coquina Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Casa Coquina del Mar Bed and Breakfast. Yes, we are known for our unique décor as well as our commitment to providing each guest with great service and great breakfasts. Just to be safe, I looked up the definition of quirky: "things that are unusual but very cool", so I would say that isI an appropriate description of our décor!:

I am glad you appreciated my accommodating your unusually early departure. Our normal breakfast hours are between 8:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M., but we hate to see a guest leave hungry!
Hot water for tea or cocoa is certainly available 24 hours a day on request. I recall that you enjoyed our complimentary social hour each evening, with wine beer and appetizers, but I do not remember you asking for hot water, which I would have been happy to provide. I do check the table linens carefully. I am very sorry if there was anything I missed and wish that you had mentioned it at the time. cleanliness and good service are very important to us. I did talk with you and your group, as well as our other guests, each evening during happy hour and each day you assured me of your contentment.

I am confused about your mention of the hot tub. It is advertised on our web page and we have a large container, next to the door in the bar/foyer area, where we hold our Happy Hour, with Hot Tub Towels, prominently displayed. I would have been happy to direct you to the hot tub, had you asked. It is located in a 16 x 16 screened in Gazebo, lit at night, in our garden and hard to miss if you are seeking it.

I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your travels in our country and return soon!

Dennis
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed here 8 nights... Dennis and Jenny were wonderful, gracious hosts. Several days we left before 7:30am and they accommodated our schedule with a delicious breakfast ready early just for us. The breakfasts were scrumptious and varied- always with fresh fruit and several other hot dishes. Happy hour in the evening was a great time to visit with our hosts and the other guests. One night there was a rocket launch at the Cape and they invited everyone to the upper deck to watch. We will definitely stay with them the next time we are in the area and recommend Casa Coquina highly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a t
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My Girl had never been to a Bed and Breakfast and I wanted her to experience one. She has a strong allergy to milk and dairy products so finding places for her to eat is not that easy. I contacted Casa Coquina before booking my night and explained this to them. Each day we were there the hosts made a separate breakfast just for her. It was amazing. The place was beautiful with plenty of amazing rooms to choose from. The hot tub and outside area is neat to walk through and as a photographer the half size tea house is a place I definitely need to use. The garden could use some upkeep.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing and have neat names. If you are bringing a family the Black Pearl at the very...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I recently visited Titusville to go to Merritt Island for birding. I wanted to find a place to stay and stumbled across a listing for Casa Coquina. I am glad I did! The home is absolutely charming, and the rooms beautifully decorated. There is a cocktail hour each evening, with amazing food, and the breakfasts are wonderful! Superb coffee too, which is important to me. But the graciousness of the hosts and their warmth and welcome make this place well worth visiting. I am going back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Ruby Suite. It was gorgeous! Deep clawfoot tub for great bubblebaths!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fadokv
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Found the b&b thru nasa website and the first time staying at a b&b. inn keepers were super friendly , rooms were roomy and comfortable. We enjoyed happy hr and a great breakfast in the morning. If we make it back to the area for a lsu we will definitely stay again

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Boernematt
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is the most amazing place. The family running it makes you part of theirs the second you walk in the door! The food is amazing, home cooked and fresh. The beds and rooms are so clean, comfortable and beautiful. My room has a giant iron claw foot tub for a long hot bath, but you can also shower if so desired. Each room has a different color theme and name. From my room, The Ruby Suite, you have a view of NASA from the bed, especially the VAB. Has a huge balcony that you can watch any rocket launch from at KSC! It truly turned an amazing trip in to a perfect one! We stayed there three days. PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!!!

Room Tip: The Ruby Suite is perfect for a romantic couple!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PatienceB74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center

Been to Casa Coquina Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!