“Overpriced, sickening sweet”
Review of Something Sweet

Something Sweet
Ranked #4 of 4 Bakeries in Titusville
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Bought a few cupcakes here, to try this place.. for maybe a cake for a wedding, or birthday coming up.. the cake was dry, nothing fancy, & the 3 cupcakes ( all various kinds) were dry, & the frosting was sickning sweet, like winndixie cakes.. too expensive & not very good.

1  Thank Dreamsofriveriamaya
JohnnieSue, Owner at Something Sweet, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our shop. We are sorry you did not enjoy your cupcakes, we take great pride in our cupcakes and strive to put out a lovely and satisfying product at all times.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Was probably one of her first clients ever in Titusville, but after the TV show and moving to a new location, fame has changed her attitude.

The prices have gone up, several times the quality was not the best-dry and not up to the former standards. When she was asked to donate a cake or a dozen cupcakes for a charity veterans event, she refused, and also refused to make a birthday cake for a customer who has been with her since the beginning of her business. Excuse "too busy and booked weeks in advance" C'mon, you cannot spare a dozen cupcakes for a fundraiser. Several of us have stopped going in there-just the wrong attitude since she is so "famous". Oh well, there are other options.

5  Thank fencejumper
JohnnieSue, Owner at Something Sweet, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Fencejumper if you were one of my "first" customers ever, you would certainly know that "fame" has not gone to my head...... not even close. I'm sorry you did not get the attention you felt entitled too. We have not changed our cake prices in 4 years, cupcakes 3 years, but yes they have risen since we opened our doors in 2003. Apparently you did not ask me for the donation, because 99% of the time we hand out gift certificates freely for worthy causes, although there are times we do have to say no, since we are a small family owned business. And yes ......certain times of the year we become completely booked and have to turn away orders, but always offer an alternative. It's a shame you did not come to me personally with this complaint , especially since you have been with me so long, because it would have been my pleasure to take care of any problem.

Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

I have to admit the cupcakes are good, the establishment is clean, service was friendly. This being said, a cupcake.... 1 cupcake is not worth 5.00.. They do sell out so I suppose it is supply and demand, but I won't be buying anymore 5.00 cupcakes.

1  Thank CMCTville

Thank you for taking the time to review our shop. We are so pleased you enjoyed your cupcakes, you must have bought 2 for $5.00 because our cupcakes are $2.50 each. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

The baked items from Something sweet are very scrumptious! When I'm in the atea it's hard not to stop in and pick up some tastey sweet treats. Very good baked items.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Saw them win on Cuocake Wars but finally got to sample their treats recently. OMG! Fantastic is not as high of a compliment as I'd like to give. We all thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes. Guilty pleasure would be to have some every week.