“Broke my heart!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manatee Hammock Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Titusville
Manatee Hammock Campground
Dundee, Florida, United States
“Broke my heart!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I frequently camp at this campground, that is right up until last weekend, now I will have considerable reservations about making future reservations. We were surrounded by rude, loud and profane campers that insisted on partying into the early morning hours. Friday Night the "neighbors" partied hard until 1:15am until I went outside and yelled for them to take it down a notch.

Why do I fault the campground for other camper's poor behavior? Friday night there was not one patrol made by the park staff around quiet time to make sure everyone was behaving. After I complained Saturday morning and asked if someone would be making rounds, we found the young female staff member chatting it up and carrying on with the people that were making the noise. I do not fault the campground for the bad behavior of others, I fault them for the lack of service. I should not have had to say anything to the "neighbors".

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Dean M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Edgewater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This park is wonderful! Quite, very shaded, on the river with a pool and a dock. The staff is very friendly as are the campers around us. Best of all is the bathhouse shower! Great water pressure and plenty of hot water! A most relaxing week!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank colette m
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We just got back from spending some time camping at Manatee Hammock Campgrounds. This is a beautiful park on the river in Titusville. It is full of shade trees and is wonderfully landscaped and maintained (except around the pool).

Don't forget to reserve a washing machine drum from the office for cooking your marshmallows over the fire. Nothing like roasted marshmallows while camping! The Brevard County maintenance department makes a fire pit out of a washing machine drum and they are available for rent for $10.00. You may purchase wood from the office store or better yet, bring your own (it's less expensive). They deliver the drum within minutes to your campsite. The people in the office are very polite and helpful.

It is a great place to bring your family for a fun camping trip. Playalinda beach is very close by the camp and it is a beautiful beach. The only downfall to Playalinda is that the bathrooms only have a toilet. Playalinda doesn't have sinks or showers at all. There is a movie house close by in the Sears mall on Route 1 . On the way to the beach it started to rain so we spent the afternoon at the movies instead of the beach.

The only thing that I would mention that isn't positive is that the pool was dirty; it had hair floating in it (lots of it). The area around the pool needs some landscaping (pretty flowers and such). Other than that it was great! It's a great place for camping!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Katie8200
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for 6 years from Eustis, Fl. The trees make for lots of shade. Campsites are spacious. Grassy area on river provides space for kids to play. Dock for fishing. You can leave your boat in the water. We have used a popup and RV. Staff is friendly and bathroom/showers are warm and clean. The kids meet lots of friends. Quiet after 10.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Lbryan77
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I dont understand these people that give bad reviews! We have been coming here at least twice a year. We live in palm bay- its only and hour drive- but so worth going for the weekend for some R&R. #1 THERE ARE NO FULLTIME RESIDENTS!!!! The pool and bathrooms are VERY CLEAN!!! lots of trees! RV spots are BIG!! Nice dock down by the River- very ralaxing- and who ever said they where promised a " waterfront" spot- LMAO!!! there ARENT ANY!!!! Please dont listen to the Negative reviews! Its a really really nice park......

Room Tip: The spot we go to is in the 130s- that loop is very peacefull
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
      Rooms
5 Thank joniPalmBay
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have stayed at Manatee Hammock Campground three times. It's a wonderful park for some R&R while enjoying the beauty of Florida's Space Coast. The campsites are wooded, so you can stay cool and comfortable even if you are tent camping in July like we did once. The view from the dock is outstanding. The facilities are clean. The staff is friendly and provides excellent customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank outlawpirate
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I'm used to staying in motels but my girlfriend and I wanted to make our week in Florida a memorable one so we decided on camping. I only paid for two days in advance based on the one bad review, but I think they must have stayed somewhere else because the Manatee Hammock Campground was wonderful. After the first night, I went ahead and paid for the full week. It's a gorgeous setting with plenty of trees and various wildlife. Fox squirrels (the cute & friendly variety) are plentiful and very playful for your entertainment. We saw a few Ibises wandering the grounds as well. Our lot was very spacious and close to the bathrooms, which was nice. They were clean but the showers were just ok. I'm not a fan of small shower spaces and they mostly depend on the goodwill of the residents to keep them clean. Otherwise, it was a very good experience and I'll gladly come back next year.

• Stayed March 2013
      Rooms
5 Thank DasPimp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Manatee Hammock Campground? Share your experiences!