“Not for me”

Best Western Space Shuttle Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was surprised at how many positive reviews this hotel received. My husband and I stayed here for three days recently. About twenty minutes after checking in, we heard a commotion outside. Turns out, a lady got her purse stolen right outside our hotel room door. We could hear everything. Also, the walls were so thin, we could hear the conversations of the "guests" next door. I believe they were living in the hotel. They smoked outside, which is fine, but the smell of cigarettes permeating everything in our room. We didn't eat anything at the continental breakfasts. I wasn't expecting a nice meal at that point anyway. I didn't want to complain to the front desk because knowing me, as soon as I opened my mouth, there would be no filter. Additionally, my in laws pre-paid for the stay, so I'm sure that would have made things difficult to change. Lastly, when we arrived back to our home, I noticed my husband now has ringworm. I'm pretty sure it came from the hotel.
I'd recommend this hotel as a place to stay for just one night while passing through to get to another destination and not for an extended amount of time as I didn't feel safe.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Hannahedge

Reviewed 1 February 2012

This may have the Best Western badge but it is a motel not a hotel. The room stank of stale cigarettes and it took two bottles of Fabreeze to remove the smell. I am a smoker and could hardly stay in the room at first. There is no ventilation fan and the windows don't open. Clean and comfortable with a good shower. However, the listing says microwave in the room. On the booking form I even made a point of requesting one. There wasn't one and the reception dismissed the request saying none were available and lied saying she wasn't aware of my request (I could see the booking request on her desk!). One didn't appear for the second evening either. One the second night around 9.30 the fire alarm started pinging, battery failing. I was told that there was nobody around to replace it so I was advised to take it out (eh?) or move to a different room. That meant taking all my stuff to a different room that wouldn't have been fumigated to get rid of the stale smoke stench. I ended up taking the battery out and hoping I wouldn't die in a fire mid-morning. I have stayed in Best Westerns all aver the world (and a different one in Fort Myers) and this was by far the worst. As a motel at half the price it would be acceptable as these sort of problems are par for the course in cheap budget places. Poor performance by Best Western here.

Room Tip: Grab a few bottles of Fabreeze from Wal Mart before arriving to fumigate the room! Don't expect...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank dwhitebsc
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Attending the Space Coast Wildlife and Birding Festival at Brevard Community College, I was away all day every day on field trips and lectures. This is an older but re-vamped motel with first floor, drive-up rooms and also second floor rooms that require using an exterior stair case. The overall impression is clean and pleasant. Tiny pool area.Tiny breakfast room. Lots of outdoor activities nearby: beaches, wildlife tours, airboats, fishing, Cape Canaveral tours. About 1 hour to DisneyWorld.

The under-$60. price was extremely fair for well-equpped, comfortable room: Two queen beds, desk, small dining table, large flat screen TV cabinet with micro fridge, coffee maker. I liked parking at my door with all my equipment instead of lugging it inside to elevators. The room was very clean, in good newish condition, decently decorated.....not luxe....but just fine for my needs. WIFI excellent. I don't care about the breakfast: it was adequate. Waffle House and Denny's right there if you need more.

Just off the I. 95, many easy , walkable places to eat, gas up, Walmart, etc., yet the room was fairly quiet....not the usual thin walls. Ask for a room in the very back of the motel, which faces a little pond and wooded area.

Pluses: Stretch your legs in little park area in rear. Motel is clean, safe, hot water, decent beds and furniture arrangement, micro and fridge, reasonably quiet rooms, location.

Minor negatives: TV channel selection poor. . Bathroom is tiny but adequate with sink outside tub/toilet compartment. Towels and sheets are a little rough. Pillows are lumpy.

This is a hotel cluster at SR 50 and I. 95, so if you don't like your room, you can try another hotel.

Room Tip: Get a quiet room in the very rear of the motel, like room 164, and ask for the first floor if you d...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lifelister
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed there November of 2011, room was in good condition and good sized, everything was clean, staff was freindly. The continental breakfast could use a little better selection, but it's still OK.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank cycleroadie
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Having stayed at a number of Best Westerns over the last few months, we have learnt what to expect from the chain. This Best Western located just off I-95 is conveniently located only 6 miles away from the Kennedy Space Centre. There is a nearby target and Walmart and plenty of places to eat.

The cost for a single room is $59.99 but you need to add $10 for every additional person staying. They do accept pets for an additional $25 fee. The room was clean and comfortable with very little noise from nearby roads. One possible let down is the bathroom, it is very small. So small in fact, that the toilet roll holder overhangs the toilet making it difficult to sit down.

We found the staff upon check in and check out very helpful and friendly.

But the biggest let down for this hotel was the breakfast. This is by far the worst Best Western breakfast we have ever had. It is served in a separate building, no larger than one of their rooms, and being quite large hotel it was very crowded! So much so there was no where to sit. The food on offer was incredibly limited from what we have become used to from a Best Western.

Would we stay here again? Probably, due to it's location but we would skip breakfast and getting something from the nearby Starbucks in Target or McDonald's.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jamesvsjaws
Reviewed 29 November 2011

A good motel. The rooms were clean and there is a nice steakhouse on site. Service was good. The breakfast was OK, nothing special. But the breakfast room attendant was very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Goldfalcon3
Reviewed 28 November 2011

rooms ok for the price clean and with two queen beds good value, included continental breakfast , but try the steak house on site, best steak ive had i years and draught beer on special what more could you want

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
BwSpaceShuttleInn, General Manager at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 321-269-9100.

Martha Wisniewski
BEST WESTERN Space Shuttle Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524

Been to Best Western Space Shuttle Inn? Share your experiences!