“Frequent visitor!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Frequent visitor!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

As a twice annually visitor since December 2005, I have seen the effort of the owners to upgrade the decor, carpets, paint, etc. The breakfast is always adequate & eaten in my room before the flat screen TV. The breakfast selections are rotated daily due to the weekly stays of persons working in the area. I appreciate the Durango Steakhouse onsite & feel safe & secure walking across the parking lot at night from dinner to my room. Pool was upgraded with 2 latches on the gate to prevent accidents involving kids. Safety first! Last stay was Nov-Dec. 2011 - - see you soon BW!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lakekayaker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I booked this for a one night stay through Hotwire. The desk person was efficient and accommodating, the room well appointed, clean, and very comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast fine. The only problem I had was access and egress from the pool. The hotel installed a new safety gate which made it difficult for a five foot person to get in, and impossible to get out (thanks to the lady from Massachusetts who sprung me).

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank kayVermont
Glen Carbon, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Hampton Inn was full, and we went to the Best Western. This is an older hotel, but it was very clean. The front desk employee was also very nice. It was much less expensive than the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kapcat
Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you need to go to the K.S.C. this is the one.There's a pool on site,free breakfast and a steakhouse on he same premises. Other eateries are available short walks away.

Room Tip: Book in advance to get a good deal
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Steven J R
Regina,Sask.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The Space Shuttle Inn is a motel, so you can park close to your room. Excellent directions are provided on the website. We had no problems finding the place. It was one of the more reasonably priced places close to the Kennedy Space Centre. I requested the second floor and adjoining rooms. That is what they gave us. The cost was $75 per room for 4 adults and 2 children for a Thursday and Friday.

The rooms are very basic and clean with comfortable beds. There is a coffeemaker in the room. One of our rooms had a small fridge. The bathroom is small with a vanity/sink on the outside. There was a stuffy smell in the rooms, so we left the doors open for awhile. The website claims that the pool is heated, but the water was quite cool. I had to go to the front desk for pool towels.

There are restaurants nearby. Durango steakhouse is on the premises. The Waffle House is next door.The small breakfast room closed at 9:30 am so we went to the Waffle House to eat.
There were coupons for pizza (Poppa Johns) in the room so we ordered pizza the first night.
It took a very long time before the pizza was finally delivered.

The motel is decent place to stay for a couple of days. We were at the back of the hotel, facing a park which had paths and picnic tables. We were walking distance to a convenience store.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jgluv2travel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was surprised at how many positive reviews this hotel received. My husband and I stayed here for three days recently. About twenty minutes after checking in, we heard a commotion outside. Turns out, a lady got her purse stolen right outside our hotel room door. We could hear everything. Also, the walls were so thin, we could hear the conversations of the "guests" next door. I believe they were living in the hotel. They smoked outside, which is fine, but the smell of cigarettes permeating everything in our room. We didn't eat anything at the continental breakfasts. I wasn't expecting a nice meal at that point anyway. I didn't want to complain to the front desk because knowing me, as soon as I opened my mouth, there would be no filter. Additionally, my in laws pre-paid for the stay, so I'm sure that would have made things difficult to change. Lastly, when we arrived back to our home, I noticed my husband now has ringworm. I'm pretty sure it came from the hotel.
I'd recommend this hotel as a place to stay for just one night while passing through to get to another destination and not for an extended amount of time as I didn't feel safe.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Hannahedge

Travellers are raving about these Titusville hotels

Bedford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

This may have the Best Western badge but it is a motel not a hotel. The room stank of stale cigarettes and it took two bottles of Fabreeze to remove the smell. I am a smoker and could hardly stay in the room at first. There is no ventilation fan and the windows don't open. Clean and comfortable with a good shower. However, the listing says microwave in the room. On the booking form I even made a point of requesting one. There wasn't one and the reception dismissed the request saying none were available and lied saying she wasn't aware of my request (I could see the booking request on her desk!). One didn't appear for the second evening either. One the second night around 9.30 the fire alarm started pinging, battery failing. I was told that there was nobody around to replace it so I was advised to take it out (eh?) or move to a different room. That meant taking all my stuff to a different room that wouldn't have been fumigated to get rid of the stale smoke stench. I ended up taking the battery out and hoping I wouldn't die in a fire mid-morning. I have stayed in Best Westerns all aver the world (and a different one in Fort Myers) and this was by far the worst. As a motel at half the price it would be acceptable as these sort of problems are par for the course in cheap budget places. Poor performance by Best Western here.

Room Tip: Grab a few bottles of Fabreeze from Wal Mart before arriving to fumigate the room! Don't expect...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dwhitebsc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN Space Shuttle Inn? Share your experiences!