“Good value for the money”

Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Marais, Minnesota
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed in the Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center in advance of spending the next day at the Kennedy Space Center. Tho the Inn is little older than most place we stay, it certainly fulfilled out needs for a good nights sleep. Try to get a second floor room NOT on the side near the freeway. Certainly more adequate for the cost.

Room Tip: No elevators but a second floor room is certainly preferable. Request a room that does NOT face the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mr_PeteBurnsville
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Pete, thank you so very much for the review of our Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center! We are so pleased that you took the time to review our hotel. As you mentioned, we offer clean rooms, comfy beds, free breakfast and friendly service. Second floor rooms away from the interstate are certainly the quietest option for the weary traveler. We are pleased to hear that you rested well and found a great value in your stay with us! Please visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the area late at night after an unexpected detour. Found the rate to be high compared to other places we have stayed on this holiday, but we were too tired to look around for other options.
Rooms were tired and despite requesting a non-smoking room, it smelt stale and furnishings stunk of smoke.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kma111
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take our guest feedback extremely seriously. Without it, we know not how to improve upon our service and our product. I am extremely sorry that we did not deliver a quality room during your stay. When one of our most valued guests has any issue we want to know about it immediately so that we can make it right. We are always happy to move you to a different room if you find that your room isn't fresh. While we do work to keep most of our rooms NON-SMOKING we know there are always those that do smoke in them regardless of our efforts. While this is absolutely not an excuse, I do want you to know that we care about our customers and make efforts to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a budget price. Our hotel email is qualityinntitusville@hdghotels.com and our phone number is 321-269-7110. We would appreciate you contacting us so we know what specific room we need to address.

Travellers are raving about these Titusville hotels

Sister Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this property. We had stayed there previously. This was the first time I used the pool and I was pleasantly surprised. It was larger than it appeared and was a good way to relax at the end of our travel day. We slept well. The breakfast was good. My only complaint is that the lighting in the room could be better. I like to read and their wasn't much wattage in those CFL bulbs. There could have been a light by the microwave and refrigerator area as well. We would stay here again. The person who took care of me at the front desk when I checked in was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, Connie, for reviewing the Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are flattered that you chose to recommend us on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned in your post, we are always renovating our rooms and property and offer amazing service such as the extensive breakfast. In addition to quality service and accommodations we want to provide affordable rates for those travelers who are on a budget. I have passed along your comments regarding the room lighting to our managers. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is only through your feedback that we can improve upon our product and service. We hope that if you return to Titusville you come and visit us again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have only 1 issue with this place, but it is one that will prevent me from ever returning.

I arrived in Titusville at about 4 AM after a long drive and was almost desperate to lay down and sleep. When I went to initial and sign the registration paperwork, I noticed one of the items that required my initials was for a charge if I used the safe in the room.

These hotel rooms are about 40% more expensive than the place right across the street and had the clerk at the other place NOT BEEN SLEEPING, I would have stayed there. As I said, I was desperate to get some sleep so I signed it. The charge if you use the safe was only $1.50 a day if I remember correctly and it is not so much the cost is it is the idea that they are obviously intent on nickel and diming you to death.

I find it pathetic that they need to add a charge onto your already high room cost so that you can protect your valuables while staying at their location. They got me once, they will never get me again.

Room Tip: Go to the place across the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our in-room safes are an additional $1.50 per night. Our staff members will be happy to refund this cost to you. The in-room safes are optional and the charge is taken off for those not wishing to utilize the safes. Please contact us at 321-269-7110 with your name and dates of stay. We will be happy to refund that to you!
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I'm writing this review since the owner/manager deleted my first review for absolutely no other reason than not wanting to take accountability for our bad stay. We booked a room online & pd an extra $10 to reserve a rollaway bed. Since we have 3 older children it was necessary to have an extra bed to sleep comfortably. We even called the hotel the night before explaining to them we would be arriving late and please do not give our rollaway to someone else. The lady assured us it would be fine and even said she'd leave a note at the desk so we would get one. Of course when we arrive, NO rollaway. My 3 kids had to sleep together cramped and my 16 year old had to leave one leg off the bed, foot on the floor, all night to balance himself. Also would like to point out when arriving at night, there was a huge pile of horse manure in the parking lot right before you go up the steps that I almost stepped in. (I am putting up a picture of that to prove it.) there was a horse tied up for some reason and the parking lot was flooded. The room also felt damp; the carpeting and sheets. I have emailed the manager- he is aware of my stay and has responded to me, took accountability for giving away our rollaway, so I don't understand why my review would be deleted. I definitely would not stay at this hotel again due to the rollaway bed situation. What is the point of reserving and paying extra for a bed if you are just going to give it to someone else? Isn't that the point of "reserving" it? Frustrating.

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not having the rollaway for you. I believe you have spoken with Gerald at the hotel in regard to the mixup. He did offer to provide you with Choice Rewards Bonus Points as a show of good faith on our part. When one of our valued guests is disappointed in any way we want to "make it right" for you. As for the issues with the dampness in the room, we have informed maintenance and they will be addressing the particular room in which you stayed. Our front desk staff members have also been retrained on special requests such as rollaway beds and procedures for assigning those. We truly are sorry that you were frustrated and inconvenienced.
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here 3 days in February to explore the area: though a little dated as far as furniture,the room was clean, the bed very comfortable. Property is located near I-95 but did not hear any traffic noise. Breakfast was typical with choices & lots to eat;staff was helpful & friendly.Would stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you, Shamrock, for the wonderful review of our Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center hotel! It makes us happy to hear that you had a great stay. We do our best to provide clean, comfortable lodging at a value price. As you mentioned, we are a highway hotel, but our guests tend to find that our rooms are comfy and quiet! Our staff is truly the friendliest around and we're thrilled you found them to be helpful. Please do visit us again soon and enjoy more of what our Space Coast hotel has to offer.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Arrived after a long day from London at about 2000hours and an easy check in was appreciated.The large room had all we would expect and whilst a little dated furniture and decor wise all equipment worked well. The bed was very comfortable. A minor problem with the bathroom sink was speedily resolved.
Although Highway was nearby there was little or no noise and there was no noise from the adjacent rooms which were occupied.
Breakfast was OK, plenty to eat but the plastic cutlery, knives in particular would probably bend whilst trying to cut yoghurt.
As a base for Kennedy Space Centre and Merritt Island the location was ideal

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mike k
Mike, thank you for taking the time to review our Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center hotel! We enjoy hearing from our valued guests. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located near the Kennedy Space Center and Merritt Island. Our staff go above and beyond to make each guest's stay an excellent one! I am happy to hear they responded so promptly to your bathroom sink issue. We strive to provide you with all the comforts of home and are happy to hear you found your bed to comfortable during your stay. As we are in the business of sleep, that is the most important factor! We greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel as your choice of lodging. Please visit us again soon and thank you again for the great review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center? Share your experiences!