“I have never had worse service in my life. They charged my card wrong 4 times! And people at the desk are so rude!!”
Review of Wellfleet Motel

Wellfleet Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I called to ask about early check in & the person who answered the phone was extremely rude & condescending. He kept repeating that check in wasn't until 3:30. So we drove around & did a few things until about 4pm. You have to pay in full at check in which is odd considering most places you pay upon check out. I had my 2yo with me who was playing in the lobby & the man at the desk seemed to get irritated with him. Obviously not child friendly :( Then they charged my card incorrectly 4 times! I was shocked & when I went to the desk to clear it up the man was so rude again! He put his hand in my face telling me to stop talking. I was just asking a question about refunding & he kept repeating the same thing off the computer. I'm sadly disappointed in this motel. Although it seemed like it was going to be a great time, it turned out to be stressful & we will never be back. Stay somewhere down the road, you won't regret passing this place up!

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank ShannonEliz1
Ted606, General Manager at Wellfleet Motel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
I'm sorry that your room was not available when you arrived. Even on busy weekends we try to have rooms available earlier than the stated check-in time but sometimes housekeeping needs extra time and they are not ready until 3:30. As part of our routine, all rooms are checked after the rooms have been cleaned by housekeeping to make sure room supplies are restocked and everything is tidy.

It is standard procedure in a resort area like Cape Cod to pay the balance due at check-in. I agree there were 2 cards presented for payment and an authorization was placed on the wrong card but we corrected the situation very quickly and the incorrect entries were voided and never sent to the processor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We chose this Motel primarily because they told us of the direct access to the Cape Cod Trail. Since riding the trail was our primary purpose for our 5 day mini-vacation, it was the deciding factor. We had previously reserved a basic room but later upgraded to one on the ground floor with a patio so that we could park our bikes out of the weather. The cost, pre-season, was $97 plus tax.

Pros: Friendly front desk staff. Large room. Clean. High quality coffee maker and coffee.

Cons: The direct access to the trail is via a poorly maintained dirt trail about 100 yards away from the Cape Cod Trail itself. The exterior of the property is unkempt with grass growing in the parking lot and in need of some sweeping. The room is adequately furnished but no soundproofing. The bathroom has no shelf for placing toiletries. We asked the sheets be changed (it isn't done every day and that's perfectly OK) after I spilled some soda the previous night. That request was not relayed to housekeeping. Fortunately we saw the housekeeper and she provided the needed service. Our building was empty except for ours and one other room. The room given to that guest, with a pre-teen son who bounced off the walls (and floor), was directly over our room with virtually no soundproofing. The noise was terrible and assigning that room when all others were unoccupied, defies logic. The cost was $30 above a much better property in Orleans. For anyone wanting to ride the trail we recommend the Seashore Park Inn in Orleans. Much better maintained and about 30 yds. away from the trail via a paved road.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank recumbentrider
I apologize you had a noise issue with the room above. In the future please let the office staff know as soon as possible so we can address the problem or move you to another room.

I'll have to check out the access to the bike trail a little more closely. It is a dirt road and it is not like riding on asphalt. There are some bumps and soft sand. This is the first time anyone has complained about it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Very clean, comfortable, spacious rooms equipped with refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker & large screen tv. Quiet setting near the Cape Cod Rail Trail for biking. Indoor saltwater pool & spa were a wonderful rainy day diversion. Lovely outdoor pool as well. Complimentary Wi-Fi . Located near the Wellfleet Audubon Sanctuary & many fine restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit us again and thank you for sharing your comments.
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

This was an overnight stay. I enjoyed it. The owner is friendly and helpful. Check in was easy. We stayed in the motel part (vs) one of the lodge rooms. Our room was clean and comfortably. It was recently remodeled. WiFi is complementary. There is a small keurig and fridge. No microwave but they have one you can rent. There was an indoor and outdoor salt water pool,also noticed a small hot tub near the indoor pool. I didn't have time to use either of them. They looked older but ok. There is quite a bit of property with other units in the rear. Our room faced the parking lot. I am sure its noisier in July and August. The room rate was $98.This was not booked directly with the motel. The owner and I had a discussion that he would prefer guests book directly with him. It was unclear if the price would be the same but one could ask if comparing prices. This facility also has a breakfast room with full breakfast. The price is not included. I did enjoy the breakfast and prices were reasonable. I plan on coming back here for a long weekend. I am hoping the price doesn't triple for the high season. I would not pay more than $150 per night.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Clean newly remodeled motel. Rooms r clean and upgraded except for the matress. The rooms are large with a Kuerig and a nice cold fridge. Convenient location. Draw back is its loud in morning when people are leaving slamming doors and letting their kids run and yell. This is a super nice motel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Addileesa
Dear guest, I'm glad you enjoyed your room with the Keruig coffee brewer and refrigerator. Thank you for sharing your comments. Yes, we were very busy this winter as we underwent a major guestroom renovation project that included new carpet, wallpaper, furniture, bedspreads, and local artwork. Also, while the room was stripped of carpet and furniture everything got a fresh coat of paint.
Massen
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Great location. Very clean and well maintained. Front desk and cleaning staff very friendly and helpful. Had two double Queen connecting rooms in main lodge; bright, cheery and spacious and spotlessly clean. Large indoor pool area; also clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the Elementary School Fund Raiser Breakfast on Sat. morning. Our pleasant stay made for a very special Mother's Day for my wife and her sisters. Dave & Linda F. Syracuse, NY

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest, it is great to hear you enjoyed your Mother's Day Weekend with us. Thank you. We take great pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations and well maintained facilities. We also try to give back to the community. The Pancake breakfast is a fundraiser for the elementary school. It was a great turn out and a big help for the school. I donate all the food, flip pancakes, and all the servers and kithchen help are volunteers to help pull it together.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 November 2012

An older, quite dated motel. Our room was mostly very clean, although the rug was old, worn and stained pretty badly. The walls were not quite clean either. Overall, just passable. Nothing to get interested in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NEcm104
Ted606, General Manager at Wellfleet Motel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for your comments. During the winter of 2012 we completed a major guestroom renovation on 25 of our rooms. They were updated with new carpet, wallpaper, furniture, drapes and bed spreads. All interior trim was given a fresh coat of paint to brighten the room with a clean crisp look. We also made electric outlets more accessible by the bed for plugging in smart phones and laptops.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Viking Shores Motor Inn
Mainstay Motor Inn
Mainstay Motor Inn
#4 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Wellfleet Motel? Share your experiences!