“A 'Pearl' A Gem in Wellfleet”
Review of Holden Inn

Holden Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellfleet
Holden Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Wellfleet B&B and Inns
Somers, Connecticut
“A 'Pearl' A Gem in Wellfleet”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

As a former childhood Cape resident my husband and I raised our children here on the Cape and now have grandchildren spread throughout various towns. We are locating back and in the process have stayed at inns etc while visiting but not until I surprised my husband booking a reservation at The Lodge at The Hoden Inn this past weekend did we find a true antique historical gem located conveniently on Commercial Street in lovely Wellfleet. How many times did we pass by in travels and living on the Cape only to find accommodations so well suited to us and can only bemoan 'better late than never!'. The lovely well maintained inn managed by the friendly and accommodating inn keeper; the grounds with lawn spreading about plantings and shrubbery ..... and there in front of us when driving in.....what is now our special accommodation The Lodge! ...... Situated so as to present lovely views of Wellfleet Harbor.....there is a welcoming screened porch with inviting rocking chairs to enjoy the breezes and views....and our special treat...an outside shower comfortable in size and offering privacy......the rooms range in size from single to twin and double and enough shared bathrooms.. all clean with shower and breezes if desired!! Our room was comfortable and quiet ..... which is asked and respected by guests ....and the absence of intrusive t.v., radio and telephone only enhanced our enjoyment of getting away from it all for the precious time we spent at the Lodge. The sparkling white Inn and Lodge and private cottage surrounded by quaint white fence beckon one back to quiet times which one enjoys staying with innkeepers Fred and Patty! We look forward to our next visit and get-away visits when residents once more of the Cape! The 'Finns!'

Room Tip: The Lodge offers pristine large porch with lovely views and fresh salty breezes!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jennie F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The worst hotel in Cape cod . In one room five spiders . I don't think is funny how houskeeping cleans. Could you imagine XXI century no refrigerator in rooms , no TV . Now I know why they don't answer phone. I have all photos w/ spiders . Terrible. Shame .

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Jolantabu

Travellers are raving about these Wellfleet hotels

Cumberland
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The Holden Inn offers the best location in Wellfleet. We enjoyed the screened in porch and the beautiful grounds after a long ride in the car. The harbour and the quaint town are just a short walk away. Cozy and well-kept. Good value.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckd674
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I visited Wellfleet from Norway and met up with a good friend of mine, from Canada, who's been vacationing in Wellfleet since 1976. He suggested I should book a room at Holden Inn, and I stayed there for 6 days.from june 29th to july 5th. The room was small but cosy and the building was well kept in the original style, with a nice porch and old style interior. Location was excellent with short walk to harbour and the best restaurant in Wellfleet, The Pearl, and also short walk to the main street with stores for shopping. I will definately stay here again. Holden Inn is the best place to stay in Wellfleet, both pricewise and location.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the bay. Will give you a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mokors
Boston
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is an inexpensive inn located close to Wellfleet's town center and pier. I have been visiting Wellfleet for 37 years and when I am not renting a cottage, I choose to stay at the Holden Inn because it has a great location and a cheap price. This inn is far from luxurious and travelers should expect that when the bill per night totals about $100 on the lower Cape! We recently stayed in room #10 and the room was bare bones, small and dark. The bathroom was really tight and for the first time, I felt that the room could have been cleaner (hairs in the shower, spiders in the corner of the bathroom). The towels need to be replaced; they were rough, as were the linens on the bed. If you are someone like me who is in the room only to sleep after a long day at the beach, then I recommend this hotel. If you actually want to be comfortable, I might stay somewhere else. As a fan of the Holden Inn, I would the owners would give it a little TLC.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aemlovesnegril
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed over the 4th of July, with 2 friends (we had 2 rooms). One of my friends has 2 little kids; ages 6 and 8. This was the perfect place to stay- Walking distance to Mayo beach and several restaurants ( We love the Pearl)....The kids were so happy to run around on the property and it was great to walk to the beach every day. The evenings were really relaxing after we came back from dinner and my friend put the kids to bed...we could see the kids from where we were sitting...and the adults could sit at the outdoor tables and relax..laugh..have a glass of wine and chat...perfect cape cod get away.
This is a no frills place (shared bath) in the lodge rooms we stayed..but we don't mind..There are rooms in the front with private bathrooms and air conditioning if you need this.
Also.. the owners are so nice and we love chatting with them- Thanks Fred, Patty and Jeremy.

I would not stay anywhere else- price is so reasonable (84 night for our room) and maybe extra in my friends room with cot .

Can't wait to return in August! Thanks Fred

Room Tip: Not going to say which room I love..you may take it and won't be available! But I will say I lik...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bostonnurse
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My friends and I stayed over 4th of July, throught July 8th. We had a fabulous stay!
One of my friends has 2 little kids..ages 6 and 8..The property was perfect for them..to run around on grounds (so beautiful and lots of space)..and we had great space to hang out in evening at tables as well as lounges... The property is perfect..close to all the shops (walking distance) and restaurants..and of course the beach (Mayo) is perfect for kids (the bayside beach)..You can relax there... better than at the big surf of awesome Cahoon Hallow/Marconi beach in Wellfleet if you have kids.

A perfect stay and we love staying with Owners- We've been going (group of 3-10 friends) for almost 15 years and we wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Thanks Fred and Patty- owners are always very friendly and have great suggestions for new visitors to cape.

Room Tip: We love any room in the lodge...great views. I would suggest you get a cottage room in front of p...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bostonnurse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet
Southfleet Motor Inn
Southfleet Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Holden Inn? Share your experiences!