“Dirty, inhospitable place; grumpy tired management”
Review of Holden Inn

Holden Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellfleet
Holden Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Wellfleet B&B and Inns
Larchmont, NY
“Dirty, inhospitable place; grumpy tired management”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I need to be fair to unsuspecting travelers. This place is AWFUL!! Had difficulty sleeping here; poor quality polyester sheets; mattress cover wouldn't stay tucked in and made lumps; no lamp shade; window wouldn't stay open for fresh air at night; no outlet in bathroom for nightlight, razor, or hairdryer; no light near mirror in bathroom or bedroom dresser;no hook to hang robe or gown in bathroom; floor under the bed filthy; bed rails dusty; no coffee or tea in room, nor any way to make it; unfriendly inhospitable feeling in the place; pathways to room flooded during and after a rain (had to take off our shoes to get to our room); management grumpy and not interested in our comments. No one ever asked or cared if we enjoyed our stay. Heard this place has been up for sale for several years. Wish someone with good attitude and lots of energy would buy it and upgrade it. With good management it could be a lovely place. But it is NOT a lovely place at this time!

Room Tip: I wouldn't know. We were never shown any nice rooms. Management didn't show any interest in...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank mamanonni
beachesMa, Owner at Holden Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
We are sorry to hear that this guest had an unpleasant stay. We remember taking this reservation early in the season and discribed in depth the rooms available for their dates. Upon their decision we also extended a room discount for the length of stay. Each morning they made requests that we quickly took care of right away. One being that they didn't like the hurricane lamp which has been in this room for 25 years. So we replaced that lamp with another for their stay. We do not serve beverages or food as our rates reflect that- this let guests explore all the different restaurants in Wellfleet. As this couple headed to their car to enjoy the beach or wherever- we did in fact wish them a wonderful day as they departed daily.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here for a wedding at the Chequessett Inn in Wellfleet. The room was SUPER cheap for the Cape and it was where all of the wedding guests were staying. I don't think there are many other places to stay in the area besides B&B or inns - unless you rent a house. I'm giving this 3 stars still because I don't think I was expecting much anyway & the location is actually really good. The room was "quaint" (the polite word for small)...Very old & Creaky. I heard the cottages were a little nicer. There is no tv, the bed is uncomfortable, no full length mirror, hard to find an outlet to use a hairdryer to get ready! The location is great though...we went to the Pearl for dinner and drink down the street & during the day went to White Crest and Cohoon Hollow beaches (the Beachcomber restaurant is on this beach). If you are used to nice hotels, this is definitely not the place for you.

1 Thank beachbum4843
Somers, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2012

As a former childhood Cape resident my husband and I raised our children here on the Cape and now have grandchildren spread throughout various towns. We are locating back and in the process have stayed at inns etc while visiting but not until I surprised my husband booking a reservation at The Lodge at The Hoden Inn this past weekend did we find a true antique historical gem located conveniently on Commercial Street in lovely Wellfleet. How many times did we pass by in travels and living on the Cape only to find accommodations so well suited to us and can only bemoan 'better late than never!'. The lovely well maintained inn managed by the friendly and accommodating inn keeper; the grounds with lawn spreading about plantings and shrubbery ..... and there in front of us when driving in.....what is now our special accommodation The Lodge! ...... Situated so as to present lovely views of Wellfleet Harbor.....there is a welcoming screened porch with inviting rocking chairs to enjoy the breezes and views....and our special treat...an outside shower comfortable in size and offering privacy......the rooms range in size from single to twin and double and enough shared bathrooms.. all clean with shower and breezes if desired!! Our room was comfortable and quiet ..... which is asked and respected by guests ....and the absence of intrusive t.v., radio and telephone only enhanced our enjoyment of getting away from it all for the precious time we spent at the Lodge. The sparkling white Inn and Lodge and private cottage surrounded by quaint white fence beckon one back to quiet times which one enjoys staying with innkeepers Fred and Patty! We look forward to our next visit and get-away visits when residents once more of the Cape! The 'Finns!'

Room Tip: The Lodge offers pristine large porch with lovely views and fresh salty breezes!
3 Thank Jennie F
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The worst hotel in Cape cod . In one room five spiders . I don't think is funny how houskeeping cleans. Could you imagine XXI century no refrigerator in rooms , no TV . Now I know why they don't answer phone. I have all photos w/ spiders . Terrible. Shame .

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Jolantabu

Travellers are raving about these Wellfleet hotels

Cumberland
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The Holden Inn offers the best location in Wellfleet. We enjoyed the screened in porch and the beautiful grounds after a long ride in the car. The harbour and the quaint town are just a short walk away. Cozy and well-kept. Good value.

1 Thank ckd674
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I visited Wellfleet from Norway and met up with a good friend of mine, from Canada, who's been vacationing in Wellfleet since 1976. He suggested I should book a room at Holden Inn, and I stayed there for 6 days.from june 29th to july 5th. The room was small but cosy and the building was well kept in the original style, with a nice porch and old style interior. Location was excellent with short walk to harbour and the best restaurant in Wellfleet, The Pearl, and also short walk to the main street with stores for shopping. I will definately stay here again. Holden Inn is the best place to stay in Wellfleet, both pricewise and location.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the bay. Will give you a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mokors
Boston
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is an inexpensive inn located close to Wellfleet's town center and pier. I have been visiting Wellfleet for 37 years and when I am not renting a cottage, I choose to stay at the Holden Inn because it has a great location and a cheap price. This inn is far from luxurious and travelers should expect that when the bill per night totals about $100 on the lower Cape! We recently stayed in room #10 and the room was bare bones, small and dark. The bathroom was really tight and for the first time, I felt that the room could have been cleaner (hairs in the shower, spiders in the corner of the bathroom). The towels need to be replaced; they were rough, as were the linens on the bed. If you are someone like me who is in the room only to sleep after a long day at the beach, then I recommend this hotel. If you actually want to be comfortable, I might stay somewhere else. As a fan of the Holden Inn, I would the owners would give it a little TLC.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aemlovesnegril
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Holden Inn? Share your experiences!