“Annual visit”
Review of Holden Inn

Holden Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellfleet
Holden Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Wellfleet B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Fl
Reviewed 31 October 2002

We have visited The Holden Inn on an annual basis and the reason it is annual is because of the Inn itself and mostly the family that runs it. We were dismayed at the letters written about the Inn and of course you cannot believe their credibility if they do not include their addresses. We have always had a wonderful and peacefull stay and would recommend the Inn to anyone who would like to experience a real Cape Cod experience.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Providence, RI
Reviewed 18 September 2002

I recently stayed at the Holden Inn for what my wife and I had expected to be a nice relaxing weekend get away. Afetr tossing and turning in in bed for a couple of hours we discovered to our dismay that the bed we were in was riddle with bed bugs. My wife now suffers from severe bites. We approached the owners only to have the door shut in our face with no apologies....stay away...

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Providence, RI
Reviewed 16 September 2002

The Holden Inn and it's owners were apaling to stay in and to have deal with. My husband and I were attempting to sleep while we both awoke @ 1am scratching. We jumped out of bed, turned on the light, and brought back the top bed sheet and were disgusted to find hundreds of bugs crawling around the bed! I had never experienced such awful conditions in my life. To make matters worse, when we alerted the owners to horrors of our night they did not apologize or offer a refund. One avoided us and drove away while the other said, "Thank you for letting us know. We will take care of it." While shutting the door. I wouldn't recommend this Inn to my worst enemy.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2002

This is basic accommodation at its best. For your money you get a place to sleep and a roof over your head. There are no phones, televisions, or even radios.
That said, you stay in a pleasant 19th century house near the center of town.
The beaches are a quick drive away and you are in walking distance to the restaurants, coffee shops, and galleries. The staff is pleasant and helpful.
So, if you have a cell phone and a clock radio, you have all you need to enjoy a relaxing stay in pleasant quarters in a picturesque and conveniently located setting.

Reviewed 23 July 2002

We have been repeat customers at the Holden Inn for almost 10 years.
We always arrive and get gracious greetings from the owners. Our room is always clean and quiet. The past few years since we have been loyal customers we were treated to Wellfleet oysters, clams and more. So my suggestion to the happy Holden Inn guests perhaps you will get the extra treatment that we received being return guests over the years!
The Bornstiens
From Hackensack

Reviewed 17 May 2002

My wife and I spent what could be our worst night at the Holden Inn. The reason for this was not entirely the Inn's fault, but the staff showed their true colors and made a terrible experience even worse.
First the "minor" problems: the walls a paper thin such that we were awakened at 5:00 to our neighbor's chanting! Anyone speaking in the hallway sounded as if they were 6 inches from your face.
Then things got much worse. My wife's brother called the hotel at 8:00am to say there was a family emergency; he was told to call back at 9:00. He called back at 9:00 and was told that the message would be passed on to us. We were indeed told that there was a family emergency, but that we could not use the house phone to call our families back! Rather than waste time arguing, my wife and I had to run a 1/4 of a mile to a public pay phone to find out that my wife's mother had died in the night. On checking out I explained the ridiculousness of their rule and its affect on my wife, and was icily told that the hotel needed to keep the line open. The owner refused to discuss the matter further. Be aware that at the Holden Inn, the well-being of the customer matters very little.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Holden Inn? Share your experiences!