“Great Atmosphere!”

Pearl Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at the corner of Commercial Street and Kendrick Avenue on picturesque Wellfleet Harbor, Pearl is the quintessential Cape Cod dining experience. It features indoor-outdoor dining on multi-level decks with panoramic views of the entire harbor including the main boat dock, the town pier, Mayo Beach, and Great Island. Pearl offers delicious, fresh local seafood, an array of craft and local beers, wine, cocktails, and some of the greatest views that you will find anywhere. We use local fisherman and growers whenever possible to not only provide the best possible dining experience, but also to support our fellow Cape Cod businesses. Come in for our Fresh Music Live Seafood happy hour with live musical performances by local Cape Cod musicians, combined with great deals on select items from our raw bar. Join us on select days from 3pm-5pm for great summer fun, food and entertainment.
“Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great location with a great upper deck overlooking the harbor. Really cool bar downstairs and side screened in porch where they had live music playing fun music. A very fun place for lunch and can imagine that it is a hopping place at night. The food was good and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Family friendly. I will definitely be back. Thanks!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JoeCerretani

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Very Pricey Well Flavored Cuisine-Limited Gourmet Menu-Families Beware”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went here last year and was happily surprised by the pleasant combination of ambiance, food and service. As a matter of fact, it was so good, I brought my summer visitors there several times. This year, a more limited menu and exorbitant prices are making me shy away. There aren't many places that charge $17 for a "large" (10"plate) chicken caesar salad or $18 for a small (7" plate) caesar with tuna. They were both EXCELLENT, but at that price I can't afford too many visits. I also noticed that the menu has become much more gourmet with fewer selections. Gone are the nacho's and bacon burgers. They have been replaced with crab cakes, salmon burgers and Parmesan portobello sandwiches. Families beware - it may be very difficult to find menu items that all members of the family will enjoy. As a matter of fact, you find a much greater selection across the street at Mac's Drive through (high prices for picnic table dining, but good). If you choose to go to Mac' you MUST try the chowder - the best I've ever tasted.

2 Thank Spindrift2
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Great spot and good food”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

As summer residents, we have been patronizing Pearl since it opened. The location is fabulous, on the harbor, and it is almost impossible to get a seat without a view. The roof deck and the bar, which has a wonderful open, beach-y feel, are very pleasant and the place has a lively vibe.

The food is hit or miss. After several visits, we avoid the fish tacos, and find the broiled fish entrees with choice of sauces to be uninspired. At our last visit, I tried the clam chowder, which I thought was also somewhat lacking in clam flavor.
However, there are several dishes on the menu that I highly recommend: the tuna sashimi, the calamari with banana peppers, and the mussels with curry. These all are spicy, interesting treatments, worth a trip to Pearl.

Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

On a perfect August afternoon late in the day, Susanne and Rudi decided to take me here. I had heard good things but had not ventured to Wellfleet to eat in quite a while. We were first seated inside but it was to noisy due to the afternoon's live band. We opted for the upstairs, outside deck with a picture perfect view of Wellfleet Harbor. The view alone would make it worth while. We ordered the house side salad that come with the house dressing, unique and very good. I opted for a burger which was perfectly cooked and dressed, served with a very good slaw. Susanne had the swordfish which was equally enjoyable. Antonia had salmon on salad and Rudi had oysters. We all enjoyed our choices! We followed with dessert and coffee, key lime pies, chocolate cake, and I had the chocolate peanut butter pie!
The service was very good and our server was accommodating and very pleasant. We enjoyed her story about school, traveling to the US and how she quite unexpectedly met and married someone from Wellfleet. It was a relaxed dinner and we spent nearly two hours there. Of the many reasons to return; good food, great view,good and personable service are top of the list!

Cape Cod
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We haven't tried out the Pearl restaurant up until recently and we won't be returning any time soon.
The food was so below average for the price range. I found the fish tacos almost inedible, swimming in some weird pickle juice, cucumber salsa. The waitress did not offer to replace the meal when I complained about it and abruptly walked away from our table. As a fish taco fan I found the ones served were the worse I've ever had, anywhere. Service was poor, the food not memorable and overall experience not so great. Stick to the raw bar, drinks on the rooftop and maybe a few other menu items. It's a bit raucous, not very well staffed, and overall mediocre at best. Better dining alternatives exist in the area.