“Best dining with a view in Welfleet - skip the chowder”

Pearl Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at the corner of Commercial Street and Kendrick Avenue on picturesque Wellfleet Harbor, Pearl is the quintessential Cape Cod dining experience. It features indoor-outdoor dining on multi-level decks with panoramic views of the entire harbor including the main boat dock, the town pier, Mayo Beach, and Great Island. Pearl offers delicious, fresh local seafood, an array of craft and local beers, wine, cocktails, and some of the greatest views that you will find anywhere. We use local fisherman and growers whenever possible to not only provide the best possible dining experience, but also to support our fellow Cape Cod businesses. Come in for our Fresh Music Live Seafood happy hour with live musical performances by local Cape Cod musicians, combined with great deals on select items from our raw bar. Join us on select days from 3pm-5pm for great summer fun, food and entertainment.
Boston
“Best dining with a view in Welfleet - skip the chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Beautiful view and much better food than the Bookstore next door. I had a salad with seared tuna that was prepared perfectly. But stay away from the chowder -- it was tasteless glop.

New England
“Pearl is sure to become a destination”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

We took s day trip to Wellfleet planning to eat lunch at the highly touted Bookstore. Unfortunately they were closed and we quickly spotted Pearl just around the corner and overlooking the marina and harbor. I am glad we did! upon entering the brightly lit entrance, we were told that outdoor seating was available, but only without a shade. We elected to dine inside. We were seated by a window with a great view.
Service was prompt and efficient. Drinks came quickly and so did our food. My wife's lobster was prepared and cooked to perfection, while my burger was grilled exactly as I had requested and clearly was made from good quality beef. The ambience was pleasant and the two televisions over the bar had their volume turned down, so were not annoying at all. Restaurant was well laid out and restrooms were spotless.
this is working very well for a new restaurant and would be our top choice in town, if it wasn't for the superb Winslow's Tavern (reviewed separately).

Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Great View...Food Not So Much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2009

We went to the Pearl for lunch earlier this summer. The view on the deck is wonderful, best part of the restaurant. My husband had fish tacos which were made with Bluefish...no Cape Codder uses Bluefish! The waitress said she thought it was Cod, check prior to ordering and make sure the waitress asks the cook what fish it is. My husband said the fish tacos at Finbars near the Orleans rotary has better fish tacos. I had a burger which is pretty hard to mess up although it was alittle overcooked. I will go back for drinks only.

3 Thank SunshineOnCapeCod
Cape Cod,Ma
“Great addition to Wellfleet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

Went for lunch during opening week and was very impressed how well the place was running for opening week. Was not impressed by the food on that first trip. Sandwich was okay, but the coleslaw did not appeal to me. We did decide to reserve a final judgement until after we had tried them for dinner. I am very glad we decided to go back!
We went back in July for dinner and had a wonderful meal! The Kale soup was wonderful
as well as the salad I had. I had hoped to have room for dessert but no such luck. The best part however was the view! We were able to wait for our table on the upstairs deck
and have a drink. What a view! In my opionion the best water view on the Outer Cape .
I also want to mention that service was very proffesional and efficient, hostesses were very friendly. The place is very well managed.

1 Thank Ediffer