“Great place with kids”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
Meriden, CT
“Great place with kids”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were on the Cape for the Columbus Day Weekend and had rented a waterfront house. Unfortunately the house had mold in it and we could not stay there. We needed a place to stay as of Friday at about 4PM. The Eventide was recommended as a good and clean place. We really lucked out because they had a house on the property with four bedrooms. It was not on the water, but it was clean and large.
The motel has a terrific play area for the kids with shuffleboard, swings, a large old fashioned metal slide, see-saw, basketball, horse shoes, badmitten and even a five hole minute golf course. They have a huge indoor pool with pool toys. They offer beach chairs and umbrellas. It is really a very well equiped and managed operation.
It isn't waterfront, but you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MeridenTravelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

What everybody says - clean, everything works, friendly staff, etc. But avoid room 12 at the end. The stairs are right thru the wall, and they are outside wooden stairs, and you can hear and feel it evertime someone goes up to the second floor rooms. I am sure there are other rooms with this issue too.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Holmeswk
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Even'tide and was quite pleased with my experience. I stayed in one of the queen-sized bed rooms in the portion of the motel to the right of the lobby if you are facing the lobby on the first floor.

Although like many of the motels and hotels of the Lower Cape it is located along Route 6, the Even'tide is set back more from the road, and has a decent buffer of trees that give a much more peaceful atmosphere than one would expect so close to a busy road. Actually, "peaceful atmosphere" is a pretty accurate description of the Even'tide overall. Despite staying during a weekend when the parking lot seemed fairly full, I didn't hear so much as a peep from other rooms when I was inside the room I stayed in. I was pretty surprised, as I had fully anticipated some noise from my fellow lodgers, but once the front door was shut, it was quiet.

The room itself was well-sized, clean, and had a lot of counter-space. Outside the door was a small sitting area with plastic chairs to sit in, and a small square of flora. I sat out a couple of the nights to enjoy the night air. The bed inside was on the hard side for the mattress, but it was certainly bearable. The shower had great water pressure, although you need to be wary of how quickly and easily the water gets too hot; don't turn the dial very far, the hot water kicks in fast.

The Wi-Fi coverage is claimed by the motel to be lobby-only, but I found that in my room that I could get decent reception.

The pool area is a bit odd, as the floor is carpeted. It seemed alright when I was there, but few people appeared to be frequenting the pool, so I suspect that the carpeting might get unpleasantly squishy when the pool is busy. The pool area itself is rather poorly-lit, although the adjacent deck area gets a lot of sun and gets a good breeze in the afternoon.

The hotel staff was very helpful. We got stuck in traffic on our way down and ended up stopping for dinner since we werejust sitting in gridlock, so we were very late getting in. I called ahead, and although the lobby closes at ten, the staff was more than happy to assist me by leaving an envelope for me and allowing me to process my check-in the following morning. The man who checked me in was also very friendly.

Speaking of checking-in, the Even'tide sells beach stickers directly for Wellfleet. Having sat through the Saturday morning beach sticker line in town in past years, I can say that this is a big point in favor of the Even'tide.

All of which is to say... I would definitely stay at the Even'tide again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Damariscotta
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Had a terrific time and enjoyed the facility. The management team is wonderful and really terrific with local knowledge, advice, and even helping out with a number of things (for example, they helped me find a quite spot to conduct a critical business call even though our check out time had arrived - for which I will always be greatful.) One of the several restaurants they mentioned (in this case Catch of the Day) was truly a nice experience too and demonstrated their credibility and good local advice for their patrons. I like the experience - it is truly demonstrative of a nice get away to the Cape and captures the essence.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gabe k
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed in the Even'tide for 6 nights, my wife and I and our 2 grown children, and had a wonderful time, taking advantage of most of what the hotel has to offer, including: a large indoor pool, ping pong, billiards, basketball, badminton, gym, free wifi, the 30 minute walk to Marconi Beach, and the fridge and microwave in the room so that would could grab muffins in Wellfleet and eat in for breakfast sometimes. The hotel had everything we were looking for, and was strategically located on the upper Cape, an absolutely beautiful area. Friendly and efficient, highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank abecker64
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I was torn emotionally if I should write this or not. A hidden gem right in the open. After I write this; more will come. In the end, I am willing to share. "The Even'tide" is a well maintain,clean,family friendly place. It is managed with you in mind; your needs. Bob and his staff will go out of their way to make sure you and yours have a great vacation. Between the ponds,the ocean,the bay, the harbor,good eating,galleries,the town, a theater and a drive-in and a National Beach Park:your days will be full of fun. I am just talking about thing close to Wellfleet. The Even'tide is centrally located on The Cape. P-Town to Orleans all within reason depending on the traffic. Go enjoy....need I say more. Next year will be 10 tears in a row..."A Little Piece of Paradise"
DSK

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank DSK111
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at the motel, not the cottage in June, 2012. This is a no-nonsense place -- do not expect fancy buildings and antique furniture, but ask yourself: what do you come to Cape Cod for? If you are into arts and nightlife, you probably should stay in Provincetown, but if you want a nice, quiet retreat, this is a good place for you.

The motel/cottage complex is next o Highway 6 and borders the National Seashore. However it is not on the beach so you won't have a view of the ocean. There is, however, a trail from the place to Marconi beach, the friendly staff will give you a map and directions. The trail goes through the woods and it is very cool (pun intended). I walked the trail several times, and saw a red fox, a wild turkey and many other birds. The Cape Cod Rail Trail (a paved biking/hiking trail) also skirts the property. If you enjoy the outdoors and nature, you probably won't complain about this place.

It is within a few minutes' drive to several good restaurants, be sure to check out Moby Dick, about 4 miles north.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sailor123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Pleasant Bay Village
Southfleet Motor Inn
Southfleet Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod

Been to Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!