Having stayed here last year and enjoyed my experience, when my family was considering going to Wellfleet for a short vacation, I was quick to suggest that we stay here. Good thing nothing had changed! This place is incredibly clean, and has a quiet, easygoing atmosphere - no partying-types here, thank goodness. The desk staff was also quite helpful, as had been my prior experience.
We stayed in one of the suites, so there were two double beds in the bedroom, and in the front room there was a sofa bed. While I do like the Even'tide, I have to say that this is one of the few areas where improvement would be welcome - the mattresses were incredibly uncomfortable, and the one for the sofa bed was a glorified foam-pad (and I could feel the metal bar jabbing me the whole night). I get that its a sofa-bed, but I've slept on those in other motels elsewhere where I didn't wake up with so much back pain in the morning. Otherwise, though, the suite was fine - plenty of room, good space for storage of luggage in the form of shelving and a luggage rack, a breakfast table with chairs, and a lot of drawers for keeping one's clothing during their trip. It was also clear that the rooms had been re-painted over the winter, and the carpeting seemed fairly new, too. The bathroom appeared to have been updated a bit, too.
Good location - set back slightly from the highway with a nice buffer of trees that made it feel more private. It also backs right up to the bike path, and you can walk to Marconi Beach along some nice trails.
I also want to draw attention to how easy it is to get a beach sticker if you stay here. Getting a beach sticker usually involves going down to the harbor to wait in line to buy one, but at the Even'tide you can buy one at the front desk - so convenient!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Even'tide Resort Motel and Cottages has been voted the "Best Motel on Outer Cape Cod" for 18 years. We are located adjacent to the 44,000 Cape Cod National Seashore property and 22 mile paved Rail Trail bike path. Our accommodations include motel rooms, suites, efficiencies with kitchens, and one to four bedroom cottages. Guests can enjoy the largest, indoor, motel pool on Cape Cod, free Wifi, kid's mini golf, shuffleboard, basketball, horseshoes, badminton, ping pong, billiards, exercise equipment, coin op laundry facilities, playground and barbecue area. Family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Even`Tide Motel And Cottages Hotel Wellfleet
- Even Tide Hotel Wellfleet
- Even’Tide Resort Motel And Cottages Wellfleet, MA - Cape Cod