“Best Motel I have ever stayed in!”

Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
Hadley, Massachusetts
“Best Motel I have ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This motel is incredibly quiet, you do not hear a thing through the walls and seems to also attract a respectful crowd. The room and bathroom were not large but they were the cleanest I have ever seen and comfortable king bed. The pool was really nice and we even got in a few games of ping pong when we were done with our swim. There is a bike trail behind the motel as well as a walking trail to Marconi Beach. It is set back from Route 6 and you do not hear the road traffic. The staff were all really friendly and helpful.
We will definitely go back in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in a back room, second floor, facing the woods and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RR532014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. The main bedroom is large with a good size fridge, the bathroom is a little on the small size but perfectly adequate. There is a seperate small lounge area with a sofa bed and table and chairs. The suite is for up to 6 people but personally feel it would be a bit of a squeeze to have 6 in here for any length of time. There is a very large indoor pool which was advertised as heated but didn't seem to be to me, kids enjoyed it all the same though. All the cottages around the property looked cute. We took the walk from the motel to Marconi Beach (you can get a map from reception), it was a little confusing but a pleasant walk though the woods. Motel is set quite far back from the road so there wasn't any noise. All staff were very helpful and friendly.
A visit to the drive in movie theatre (5 minutes away) was great fun!

Room Tip: Room 8 did get noise from people walking upstairs and side stairs to upper floor
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a last minute stay here. The staff were helpful and accommodating. Loved the fact they gave us beach towels for the day. Would come again if in Wellfleet.
The main road is busy but we could not hear the traffic.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Seasaidhm
Enfield,NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great place to stay in Wellfleet MA, Cape Cod. The best ocean side beaches are very close, and the bike trail is right behind the motel. Clean and comfortable with a beautiful pool. Wonderful restaurants nearby and a drive in movie theater. Great for families or couples.

Room Tip: two room suites available for families are great. separate tv/bedroom
Midwest, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about Eventide. We spent 5 nights in the apt above the main building, and it was great. Very clean, comfortable and large, larger than we expected. Most of all, though, the staff were amazing. We had all kinds of requests and they were able to help us with all of them,
including finding a very nice babysitter, lending us
equipment for the beach and other things. Fantastic stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank parisusaparis
watervliet ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Before selecting this location I read all of the reviews. I have been to the cape many times over the years. I wanted to try this place because it was voted "best of the cape".

There was some confusion when I paid in advance - I was double charged which can happen. It took a week to resolve. When we arrived, to my suprise, the room was ready which was wonderful! It was very small, and there was a strange smell. The owner was pleasant. None of the staff that I encountered were particularly engaging. I guess when you go on vacation you want everyone else to be as happy as you are!

Location was good. It was very clean. I would not stay again though I am afraid. I had better experiences at other places in Wellfleet for a few dollars more.

In an business based on hospitality - be engaging.

Room Tip: It is a summer hotel. I don't know if the other rooms smelled the same. It wasn;t the musty su...
1 Thank mainer218
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I wish I could review this property better, as the staff were very nice and I am sure it is a challenge to keep a seasonal lodging up-to-date. However, at $200/night this was really a disappointment. The room is dated (which is ok in my book) but also really cheap -- polyester bedding, no bedskirt so exposed mattress, teeny-tiny towels. Their website advertises mini-golf, shuffle board, picnic area and a kids playground -- but this is all contained in one rectangle of lawn right in the front. Still fun, but not exactly what I had pictured (only 5 holes, for example). Theoretically you can walk to the beach, but this is a very long, hot walk (about a mile each way) and very poorly marked so we laid stick crosses to find our way back (which we needed). They are right on the bike trail, so it would be wonderful to have bikes. Free coffee in the mornings doesn't start until 8 am, but there is a good place about 2 miles up the road that is open at 7 am. This is on the highway (although set back a little), so it isn't a pleasant walk anywhere. I would much rather stay in the charming town of Wellfleet itself -- or pay less at a highway property that doesn't advertise as many amenities but is likely comparable in quality. It is a 5-10 minute drive to the heart of Wellfleet (depending on traffic). It was very quiet.

3 Thank sisterbay716
dmcc404, Owner at Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
I'm sorry you did not enjoy the many amenities offered at our motel. Our guests with children enjoy the central location of the free mini golf, shuffleboard, badminton, playground, basketball court, and horseshoe pit. I hope you enjoyed our huge indoor pool, ping pong, billiard table and work out facilities. Thank you for mentioning the 22 mile paved bike trail located directly abutting our property. Bike rentals are available a short distance away and they will even deliver bikes to the motel. Guests enjoy walking the bike path or taking the 25 minute hike through the wooded National Seashore property to Marconi beach. Unfortunately, since it is National Seashore property we are unable to mark the trail. We do provide a map of the trail at the front desk. Coffee is available in the lobby starting at 8 AM and in your room at anytime with your in room coffee maker. You will always receive the best rate when booking directly from our website or by phone. Our summer rates start at much less than $200 per night.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Pleasant Bay Village
Blue Dolphin Inn
#3 of 9 in Eastham
Captains Quarters Motel and Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod

Been to Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!