“A great place to kick back.”

Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Service: They did everything they could. Ideas of what to do, where to eat. Pleasant staff. Fixed little problem with room right away. Free coffee/tea in room and in lobby. No breakfast. But a nice indoor pool guarantees you a daily swim. They also loan chairs, towels and umbrellas for the beach. Parking at area beaches can get expensive, so be sure to ask them how to deal with it.
Location: On the ocean side of Rt 6 in So. Wellfleet near the drive-in movie/flea market. It is on a large piece of land so the buildings are well back from the road and you don't hear the traffic. Great beaches: Ocean, Bay, Ponds. National Seashore. Audubon Society Preserve. Best restaurants on the Cape. Bike trails. Good selection of Art Galleries. Large Harbor. Even a hardware store.
Rooms: This is a low cost (for the Cape) motel. Up a flight of stairs for some rooms. Window A/C. Motel-style sheets and towels. Comfortable bed and a good shower. If you need luxury, stay at the Chatham Bars Inn for 4 times the price. They also have a few cottages for larger families, with cooking facilities.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank DCtravelfolks

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Rare to return to a place and have treasured memories renewed and enhanced. That is what happened at Eventide. Years ago we found this delightful retreat on our first visit to the Cape. We stayed a number of nights in this welcoming and comfortable place nestled just off Route 6.
This year we returned and found that our memories had not embellished the reality. Our hosts we welcoming and thoughtful with spot on recommendations for food and activities.
Anyone who wishes to get away from home while feeling at home would savor a stay at the Eventide.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnfjohnston
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We pulled up to the hotel, to see some college aged kids sipping beer, and typing away on laptops. I walked inside and was immediately greeted by a kind woman with long blonde hair, and a gentleman behind the desk. I asked about rates, and right away she asked to show me a room. I said SURE! lead the way. Right away a huge welcome and selling point. Saw the spacious room, and was sold. The rate was fairly decent for the amount of space given, n yes!!!! finally a pool. We had eaten at a GREAT! seafood restaurant before that and we are so glad we took his advice on where to stay, and hang out. They put my mom, aunt, and i as far away from the younger student types as possible, per our request. I had the whole pool to myself. All 9 ft deep of it. HUGE bonus to find a pool that doesn't end when it gets up to my neck. Easy wifi, and net access. Fun walking trails, and toys to play with along the way. If I had younger kids, I knew that this hotel would've suited ANYONE, of ANY! age. But I was sold on the pool. Our room was quiet, and peaceful. I stayed on the couch n didn't even need to pull it out, because it was so spacious. I slept beautifully, and had a great shower. The sun was out, and opening the shade and seeing the green was lovely. I didn't want to leave. Having chatted with Lisa for a couple hours the previous night, and enjoying the friendliness and joking with the owner......I was sad to leave. It was the best time I had the whole trip. Kinda lonely travelling with mom and aunt, and they brought me back to life. A restful port in our 2 week mega trip. I already want to return to Eventide and see Bob, Lisa, and swim in that pool when it's warmer out. Due to the whole experience, I was happily surprised that I found no snobby, rude, stereo-types like I thought I would. *happy sigh* Bob and his wife are so down to earth! Great owners that are actually involved in their business. VERY! much like people from home.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Even'tide has a wonderful family feel to it - our son is excited that we will be returning to Even'tide in July - this time staying in one of the cottages. He remembers learning to swim in Even'tide's indoor pool early one morning before we went to the beach, as well as his dad reading to him the first of the Harry Potter novels while they were relaxing in the hammock outside of our motel room.
Even'tide is located just minutes from the beach by car or bike. The bike path was very convenient, lending itself to evening rides to a nearby ice cream stand and easy, fun rides to the surrounding area. The owners made us feel welcome right away and there's a friendly voice on the other end of the phone when you make your cottage reservation... :)

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2010

As a recent members of Tripadvisor, I feel compelled to finally create an entry for The Even'tide, a hotel we have enjoyed most summers for nearly twenty years. That covers the time from when our kids were toddlers until two years ago (then ages 17 & 20) and 2 sets of owners.
Without question, the best place to stay in the best town on the Cape.
When we couldn't be in the ocean, the bay or a pond, biking or roller blading on the bike trail or walking the beach or the trails of the Audubon Center because of bad weather (including a hurricane or two over the years), it was great to have the indoor pool as a "activity insurance" especially when the kids were small (or teenagers). We have stayed in most of the comfortable straightforward rooms, with AC and cable. some of cabins and the rental house, and were happy in each. The staff always was and is friendly and helpful.
But the greatest asset is location, location, location, with easy access to the best beaches on the Cape (usually bike or drive, as it is a bit of a walk), the great ponds of Wellfleet, and Wellfleet Center. It is not far from Ptown to the north or Orleans to the south when in need of a different activity. The earliest riser in our family, each morning I would put my rollerblades on outside the room, and skate to and along the bike trail for a great morning workout. Each summer we would say we need to find something different, but in the end we would find ourselves back at the Even'tide; it was too good and too easy.
But I have to say that we don't stay at the Even'tide anymore.... but that is only because we bought a house less than a mile away!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank k2j2
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Bob and Donna McCaffery have opened their home up to you and called it the Even'tide. It is warm and inviting with their courteous staff and accommodations. Lounge in the adirondack chairs or hammock while watching your kids play on the cool retro playground, then join them for a game of shuffleboard or putt-putt golf. Then it's off to the bike trail or beach - both right there. After dinner at one of the numerous close-by restaurants, come back for a swim at the ginormous pool - the largest on the Cape, I believe. We love the Even'tide and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I travelled to the Even'tide with my husband, 6-year-old daughter and 2-year-old daughter. We stayed 10 nights on the first floor of the motel in a room with 2 double beds. The accommodation consisted of a large bedroom, a bathroom, and a separate room with a couch, table, and T.V. When you have kids this extra "living room" is critical because when they go to bed or take naps you need somewhere to go where you can talk or watch T.V. without disturbing them.
My older daughter loved the indoor pool but her eyes became very irritated from the chlorine. My younger daughter was very distressed that she could not swim in the pool at all because she was not toilet-trained. They do not allow swim-diapers in the pool. My kids liked the ping-pong table, internet access in the lobby, and play park right outside our door. The lobby has books for kids to read and borrow. There are beach chairs, umbrellas, buckets, shovels and other beach toys that you can borrow for the beach.
The location of Wellfleet was great. You have to drive to the beach but this is acceptable as there are many different beaches in the area to visit. You have to purchase a sticker for parking at the National Seashore beaches and for the ponds/Wellfleet beaches. There are 2 free parking beaches in the area which are adequate but have lots of snails and crabs when the water is calm. The ponds are excellent swimming locations for small children. There is a theatre in Wellfleet that puts on plays for adults and kids that was great. Both my kids loved Puss in Boots. There are regular outdoor concerts too.
Wellfleet is close to Provincetown where we went for our whale-watching cruise. We saw lots of whales there. It is also an interesting location to explore. Eastham and Orleans are close by and have good activities as well. Food is expensive in Wellfleet--recommend a short drive to Orleans for a visit to the major supermarket there to pick up staples for breakfast and lunch.
We were never at a loss for things to do. We went whale watching, swam at the beach and pond, bike-riding (excellent trail nearby), shopping, dining, theatre etc.
We will return next summer.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Southfleet Motor Inn
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod

Been to Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!