“Great Trip”

Billingsgate Charters
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Wellfleet
More attraction details
Owner description: Lobster Charters, Sport Fishing Charters, Combo Charters and Harbor Cruises - Affordable Family Fun! We also sell fresh lobsters right off the boat at a great price!
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our family of 4 had a great fishing/lobster trip with Captain dave out of Wellfleet MA. We spent two hours fishing where we caught a nice bluefish and several striped bass. Dave was very informative especially describing the lobster trapping. He is also very safety conscious and really tries hard to answer all questions and does everything possible to assure a good time. It is so much nicer going out of Wellfleet than PT, less busy and no problem parking.

We all enjoyed a seafood fest for dinner, but even if we did not catch anything we would still have had a great time!

1  Thank Ed S

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I highly recommend doing the striped bass and lobster package! Captain Dave is great. We learned so much about lobsters. My 4 yr old had an awesome time too. Can't wait to go again!!!!!!

1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I purchased the lobster charter experience for my husband so that he could knock something off of his bucket list - and this trip was a great way to experience catching lobsters! We decided to do the sport fishing and lobster charter and had the chance to catch a 28" rockfish and helped rubber band all of the lobster claws! What an AMAZING experience and Captain Dave was so knowledgeable. Not only did he teach us a TON, but he was really great to communicate with before we even set out on the water. He always answered my questions and always emailed within a timely manner. We definitely plan to do this again when we venture to Cape Cod in the future! If you're on the fence about this charter... just do it; it's an experience you will never forget!

1  Thank Shante L
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My mom wanted to do this when she came to visit. I've been living here 5 years and thought, well, ok. I had a great time! I learned much about lobsters, even though I thought I knew most things! It was a great time out. We each got a lobster to take home and they were delicious!

Captain David is a great host! Can't recommend it enough!

3  Thank Farmbeachcity
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While on vacation, my boyfriend and I were more than excited to go out on our lobster chart. My parents were less than thrilled when I told them the wake up call time if they wanted to join. Much to my surprise, they were up and ready for the time of departure. And even more to my surprise, they could not stop talking about what a wonderful morning we all had with Captain Dave. Captain Dave provided countless stories of lobstering and adventures on the sea. The day consisted of pulling up trap after trap of large sized lobsters into our tank. A highlight was watching my own mom banding the lobster claws! Throughout the day we learned about the life of a lobster while we pulled them in. Captain Dave then topped the morning with pulling in four sand dollars that he allowed us to keep- a real bonus! To cap off a wonderful day we coasted by a little island off of Wellfleet filled with seals! Great photos and a story to tell for the rest of our lives. That evening we steamed fresh caught lobsters with our family and friends for the best tasting dinner we've ever had! Thanks to Captain Dave for a great trip. We will definitely be back!

3  Thank Melissa D