“Pure Cape Cod”

Moby Dick's
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2016 It’s vacation time on Cape Cod! You and your family want to have lots of fun and eat some fresh seafood. Family owned and operated since 1983, Moby Dick’s is THE Cape Cod seafood restaurant for friends and families to meet, eat and just have a good time. Taking the New England clam shack to a new level, we will offer you and your family a great experience. We may not be full service, but we deliver great service. The freshest seafood, the best lobsters, Wellfleet littlenecks, Wellfleet oysters, Chatham Cod, fried clams and clam chowder are just a few of the local items we serve up daily. We aim to be the best. Kid-friendly is our middle name. We have a large Kid’s menu not to mention some fun coloring sheets as well. We welcome guests needing a gluten-free menu. We love large groups, small groups, any group. We would be delighted to host your special Cape Cod event. We are a BYOB establishment so grab your favorite beer or wine and head right over. We look forward to meeting you! Open at 11:30 am everyday for lunch and dinner from the first Friday in May to Columbus Day.
boston
“Pure Cape Cod”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is our go to place every summer. Fresh wonderful seafood. An amazing staff of sweet kids. The owner is attentive and very nice. It's BYOB. Go a lot and try everything. The best fried clams, lobster roll and seafood gumbo.

1 Thank mbd23

Port Ewen, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait for next year!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Moby Dick's is simply the best seafood restaurant we have found. It is not fancy, more of a "in the rough" place. But the seafood is fresh, fresh, fresh. It is prepared in a manner that highlights the seafood, not the preparation. Fried foods have a batter that is very light.

All dishes are always cooked just enough, served hot and have a great appearance. The servings are large and the value is good. We do leave wanting more but only because it tastes so good. We are full, but also planning our next visit.

If there is a problem, it is that it is hard to choose between scallops (either fried or broiled), lobster, fried clams or a variety of broiled or fried fresh fish. The mixed basket helps with that problem. The salads (with or without the addition of seafood sides) are always great.

It is now November and Moby Dick's is closed for the year. But we are already planning our next trip to the Cape for lunches and dinners at Moby Dick's for the 2014 "early season" in May right through the "late season" in October.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Demos2014
Massachusetts, United States
“Unique experience”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We hit Moby Dick's as a last resort. Driving up and down the highway we didnt see anything we wanted to try and we were getting hungry. So we pulled in not knowing what to expect and had a delightful delicious dinner. I wont go into great detail about the service, excellent, or meeting "Mignon" (read the menu!) which was a delight, or how good the food was. I think enough people had made that clear, but I will heap praises on the gift shop where I was delighted to find a Moby Dick's hat with a whale on the front and "Moby Dick's" on the side very understated! Or the incredible yellow parka/raincoat that was a 1/3 off! Again with understated logo's. All in all I would go back again and again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank milr963
Tucson, Arizona
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

No matter what one orders, the food is outstanding, fresh as can be, and efficiently delivered by friendly servers. For at least ten years we have visited friends in Wellfleet and eat at Moby Dicks two or three times during a week. Lunch is great with less lines, but the lines at dinner do move. You order at the counter, pick a table, and the order is delivered. The lobster roll is my favorite with tons of lobster, period. When available. fried oysters are to die for and the clam chowder as well as the lobster bisque are great favorites. Indeed many of the servers are from the UK, mainly, because local servers are not plentiful but I do know they certainly do hire locals. It is also a very friendly place with hard working and helpful owners. Don't miss it.

Bolton, Canada
“Honestly One of the Best if Not the Best!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went in after seeing it driving back from Provincetown. Just so happened that we had a cooler in the back to take with us for the day with a couple of apple cider bevvy's. How cool was it when the owner who by the way was so hard working and a great host said that we could bring them in! I am not even a drinker but it was so nice to sit at the cozy picnic tables and have a drink that I found down there that I adored. And no premium to drink it in a restaurant.

Now for the food! I took so many pics of my lobster and my husband's scallops. The food was incredible and so reasonable in price. I couldn't wait to get down there to enjoy the seafood and this was the place to do it, believe me we ate out a lot. I think it was $25 for lobster and it was delicious. Apparently my husband is still dreaming about the scallops he had there as well and we've been back 2 months hahah!

The Key Lime Pie was incredible for desert as well as the calamari for an appetizer. We liked it so much we came back a second time in the week. I had a lobster roll the next night, it was equally delish. Don't forget a visit to the gift shop as well. We bought great stocking stuffers for our girls to bring back, they are going to be very happy. Thanks for the memories, we will be back!

1 Thank LisaM0rgan