“Our Favorite Place To Eat”
Review of Moby Dick's

Moby Dick's
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2017 When we first opened Moby Dick’s in ‘83, we had no idea we’d become an establishment on Cape Cod. We simply wanted to start a BYOB restaurant that had fresh seafood, a relaxed environment, and a friendly staff that would make people feel at home. Well, three decades later, we’re still doing exactly that, opening every season in May to the delight of locals and visitors alike. Some people stop in for our lobster rolls while others come for an old-fashioned bucket of steamers. But everyone knows they can come to us for fresh family fun and a dining experience in Wellfleet they'll never forget.
Wales, MA
“Our Favorite Place To Eat”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My boyfriend and I absolutely love this place! We have been coming here for years. The staff is super friendly and the food is excellent. The owner, Todd, is always walking around talking to the customers to ensure everything is good. We were in Truro for 3 nights 4th of July weekend and ate at Moby Dick's twice. The second time our food came out before we were done our soup. We didn't mind a bit, but the owner noticed and came to our table to apologize and ask if we wanted our food remade. I assured him it completely fine. He came back a second time, clearly bothered by this, asked again, and I gave the same response. He asked if there was anything else he could do. He then came back with a gift card covering the entire price of my Moby's special (fisherman's platter), tax included. We will be going back in August and continue to recommend this restaurant. Absolutely the best! Thanks Todd!

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Pumpkinmuffin2014, Thank you for your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you in August!

• Korean first
Oneco, CT
“Excellent & Reliable Food”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We eat here at least three times during the week we vacation in Wellfleet! Been traveling to Wellfleet the last 14 years, and have not been disappointed once. Cannot recommend it enough.

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
OutThereCT, Thank you for your business and kind words!
Boston MA
“Yummy fried food on the side of the road”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Classic Cape Rt 6 fried food. Good food, good value and a sweet little gift store next door with decent stuff.

Visited July 2014
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you and thank you for your nice comment about Moby's Cargo!
Valatie
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited on July 2nd and had a scrumptious meal. While the wife and kids had lobster and raved about it (Moby Dick's has the best lobster on the Cape for my money), I had the fried seafood special. While the clams, shrimp and cod were all great, the fried scallops were simply the best I have ever had, anywhere, anytime. It was a memorable meal and all of us had a great time. I have visited Moby Dick's before and loved it, but it was even better than I remembered (and like I said, I had great memories). A highlight of a wonderful vacation!

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
John C, We are really glad you had an excellent experience. That is what it is all about!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Solid place for excellent fish”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I ate here twice-- once for a lobster roll, once for seafood kabobs. Both were great. Atmosphere is very beach casual, BYO, and the service is fast. I thought the prices were a bit high given the picnic table seating and paper plates. But I would go back and recommend it for the quality food.

Visited July 2014
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Nutrition magician, Thank you!