“Casual and Friendly”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had dinner here as a family on our last night in Wellfleet. The place is casual and comfortable. Even though it is dominated by a bar in the center of the restaurant, it was very family friendly. Everyone wanted something different and got it. My husband was satisfied with an appetizer of excellent crab cakes as he wasn't hungry. My daughter had a huge turkey club sandwich. My father had a large portion of chargrilled cod with rice and green beans that was really tasty. I had the Cioppino, which was overflowing with linguini in a tomato and wine sauce, huge shrimp and scallops, clams and mussels, with a lobster claw on top. The only disappointments were a slightly watery Caesar salad and my son's burger, which he said was dry. He was very happy, though, with the enormous basket of onion rings he ordered, so didn't go home hungry. We found the prices very reasonable for Wellfleet. Including 2 beers and a glass of wine, dinner for 5 of us came to about $105. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Loved breakfast here! The food was very good, served quickly. Prices were reasonable. The staff was very friendly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is the best family place for breakfast. They seated 12 of us for breakfast ( we called ahead to warn them although they do not take reservations). The waitress was great - all orders correct and came out together. A little long for the food to arrive but likely due to our party size and the crowd. Usually service is faster in prior experience. Great location in the heart of Wellfleet Center too.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Tasteless food, but extremely pleasant college summertime help that could not do enough to accommodate a four- year- old traveler. Also they have children's storybooks and other props to entertain little ones. When the child's menu was not wanted, they accommodated the Mom with a special order.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ate here recently. I wasn't impressed with my lobster roll. I was happy with the portion size but the lobster salad was really watery. It was so watery that it seeped through my toasted roll and made it a soggy mess. In addition to that, it had huge chunks of scallions or green onions in it. I like onions, but not huge chunks of them. On the flip side, my husband got the fish reuben which he was very happy with. It had a large portion of white fish, fried or broiled. He also got the raw oysters, which we was also very pleased with. Also, the high chair that we got for our 10 month old was broken and didn't buckle. It's hard to contain wiggly children when you can't strap them in. We'll probably come here again, but I think I'll skip the lobster roll.