“Fun and tasty lunch”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A dining experience at Winslow's begins with a warm greeting from Tracey Barry Hunt, the General Manager who oversees "the front of the house." A former documentary television producer and director, Tracey loves speaking with guests and sharing local knowledge about her favorite spots on the Cape. Winslow's menu and wine list are created by South African born Chef, Phillip Hunt, Tracey's husband. Phillip is always happy to share his passion and vast knowledge of wine with guests interested in recommendations and food pairings. On any given day Tracey and Phillip's two young sons, Hunter and Romanee (our grill and saute cooks for the 2020 season!) may also make an appearance at Winslow's to pick some herbs for Dad or entertain the staff and guests with Mom.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a very enjoyable lunch on the front patio. I highly recommend the lobster BLT. A tasty Cape Cod twist on an old standard. Our service was great; our waitress was very attentive although I did see some hurried service at other tables. I also overheard one waitress apologize for the service. She said the manager was not there, she was giving a speech. I thought that slightly odd during a busy summer Friday lunch. In any case we will certainly be back.

Andrew V, Manager at Winslow's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to review Winslows. July 4th weekend is one of the busiest times of the year, and we're glad that you received attentive service! Management did step out briefly on to deliver a speech at the local elementary school’s closing ceremonies as the incoming PTA president. As well as to receive a thank you from the school for all of the charitable contributions Winslows has made in the past academic year. Though your insight on the other guests experience are acknowledged and appreciated.

We look forward to your next visit, we'll have the Lobster BLT ready for ya

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently had dinner at Winslow's Tavern and absolutely loved it! The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. Our server, Tyler, did a fantastic job and was very charming. We started with the Wellfleet Oysters with Pernod Cucumber Mignonette. They were the best we had on the Cape and harvested locally, not farmed, as many others we had in the area were. My wife loved the Niçoise salad with Oil Cured Yellowfin Tuna Belly and Whole Grain Mustard Sherry Vinaigrette and I enjoyed the Winslow Burger cooked to a perfect medium with Crispy Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Dolce on a Brioche Bun before finishing with two amazing desserts. I am still dreaming about the Salted Caramel Tart with delicious house made Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Chocolate Pieces and Peanut Brittle and one of the best cups of coffee I have ever had. My wife had the Tiramisu and loved it also. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Truly a meal to remember. We can't wait to go back to Winslow's Tavern!

H Brandon!

We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit! It sounds like you navigated our menu perfectly! We'll be sure to pass on the remarks to Tyler as well, he'll be very happy to hear you enjoyed your evening.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Such a quaint and picturesque setting, the Winslow's Tavern not only had amazing food and atmosphere but the service Sarah provided tonight was extra special...

The wine list was awesome and reasonable..

Great job!!

Andrew V, Manager at Winslow's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hi Ian T!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed Sarah's service and the quaint setting of Winslow's Tavern. Glad you had a chance to check out the wine list too!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Loved sitting outside in the back. Nice variety on the menu. Waiter very attentive. Four out of 6 were happy with entrees.

1  Thank greenieBoston_MA

Dear GreenieBoston_MA,

We're glad you had a chance to enjoy our rear patio and happy to hear your service was attentive. We're very sorry to hear though, that only 4 out of 6 enjoyed their entrees. Would you please accept our apologies, and email me at admin@winslowstavern.com as we'd like the opportunity to remedy the issue ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurant is a standout, and not just in Wellfleet. The food was innovative, fresh, beautifully presented and delicious. I had several excellent meals around Wellfleet in general but Winslow's Tavern is not to be missed. The roasted beet salad with orange, hazelnut, ricotta and American Ground Cherries was magnificent! I mean shut the front door-- who uses ground cherries in restaurant fare? Hat tip to the chef! The Tuna appetizer w/ pressed watermelon in Chimichurra sauce could have used more punch-- the watermelon cubes were missing flavor and the sauce was, for my taste buds, too understated. But the tuna was fresh and delicious and I appreciated the creativity. This is a problem easily fixed.The menu options were so great I ordered something to go for dinner. This place is memorable.

Nutritionmagician,

Thank you for recognizing us as a stand out restaurant. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your restaurant, and love to get the nod for Chef Philip! We'll make your other concerns are passed on as well. Sounds like you have quite the palate and we look forward to hearing all about your next visit too!