“Dont believe the poor reviews!”
Review of Mainstay Motor Inn

Mainstay Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My stay at the Mainstay was very pleasant. I must first say that i was very apprehensive about staying there after reading some of the reviews posted on this page. Because of the lack of availability of other options, I took a chance.

I am usually very particular about lodgings as my daughter is in the hotel industry. Cape Cod is my favorite place and I love the national seashore beaches. I came prepared to tough it out if necessary...I brought Lysol, bug spray towels and everything else I might need based on the reviews.

I held my breath as i entered my room...First of all, out was very clean.my husband always laughs at me because I can usually tell if a room is clean by checking the corners on the bathroom. this motel passed the test!

There was no odor, no bugs, no smoking, and no truth to the negative comments...w enjoyed our stay and will definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank mrsksk
There are newer reviews for Mainstay Motor Inn

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed with some friends here over a school break, the price was great but I would recommend looking else where because the rooms were small and cramped and after our room was cleaned it smelt of cigarettes, we were sure why... and if you are on the lower level you'll be able to hear every movement of the inhabits above you, we were lucky enough to hear them vomiting, find somewhere else because this place isn't pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jordon F
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have never had a motel room worse than this. I still remember the smell of the room. It was horrible. The paneling was buckling from the wall so I'm assuming we were smelling mold. We are not that particular about our accommodations but this was way over the top.

We were lucking to get a comfortable mattress but what a joint!! stay away fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Stay at a different motel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna112
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We were not expecting luxury since this is a motel. Our family was very comfortable. Room size for four people was decent, indoor pool was great, especially since the cape can becool. Owners were friendly and rooms were clean. The pool was the highlight of the stay here as it is salt water and the room is bright.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank michelsk
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed at the Mainstay while cycling on the Cape. Nice family atmosphere, and a staff that went out of its way to be helpful. It's an older establishment and the rooms are not modern, but our room was quite adequate, the TV worked, the ac/heat was effective, and it was clean. We were there off season and paid what we felt was a true bargain rate. We enjoyed the hot tub after a long day of biking the Cape Cod Rail Trail. Convenient location, just a hop to excellent seafood at Wellfleet harbor.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I was really disappointed with the quality of this place, the stench of the room was covered with tons of menthol air freshener, the rug was dirty, and since the bed sheets weren't ironed I thought someone might have slept in them before us. The bathroom hasn't been refreshed since the 60ies and it shows!! I was disappointed mostly because of the cost of that room, $160 a night...my husband and I were given bottles of champagne for our wedding and we brought them along...but I just couldn't drink champagne in there, the place just wasn't worth it. And breakfast wasn't fantastic, mushy muffins in a paper cup.
Luckily, the place is in a good location; you are in Marconi beach or in the town of Wellfleet in no time. And the owners are very kind.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeaBloom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Lots of dog poop . Pool area is filthy. You have to watch out for the BED BUGS or you will bring them to your own home or to somebodys home that you may love. Also i think they may have gone to the dump to get the bedding and matterese. The board of health has not been to Wellfleet lately.Lots of rust. Some lightbulbs out . The only thing good about the place is not being there.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mickey H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Ocean Park Inn Cape Cod
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Southfleet Motor Inn
Southfleet Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Mainstay Motor Inn? Share your experiences!