“Don't go to Mac's shack for fried foodand oyster's you can get those anywhere”
Review of Mac's Shack

Mac's Shack
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$7 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mac's Shack is all about the pure goodness of the season's local harvest. Your taste buds will shout "hello summer!" Ice cold Wellfleet Oysters, tender lobster dripping with butter, mouthwatering sushi, and the freshest seafood served on the Cape - made exactly how you like it. This is the kind of food that makes you happy.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Go to mac's for the sushi, the entree's and the atmosphere of a nice and crowded outside bar with some life to it. If you want really fine dining in a staid atmosphere go some place else.
But Mac's has got consistently some of the best sushi and seafood entree's on the outer cape. The wait may be long so order drinks and sushi while you wait and enjoy the scene!
Don't be all uptight your on vacation with the thousand's of other people what do you expect!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is our perennial favorite restaurant night out for dinner in Wellfleet. The bar makes great drinks. I always try one of their martinis. Had the Great White this year which was made with their own infused coconut ginger rum. Sushi is good. Oysters. Always new fresh seafood dishes. Really love the atmosphere and eating out on their patio. It's a popular place so be prepared for a wait if it's high season and you get there after 7.

My only disappointment... They have a cool colorful logo and I wanted a tshirt of it they offered about 5 years ago, but ever since they ventured into these off track tshirt designs that make no sense to me.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

For several years Mac's has been one of our most visited restaurants on the Cape. While they don't take reservations, we do enjoy sitting in the bar waiting for our table to open up.

We always start with sushi (and sometimes end there as well). Our favorites are the Tuna Mango Martini and the hand granades - both a must try.

For entrees, I usually get the fish tacos - tastes and filling. While my wife loves the blue fish (not something we generally like, but Mac's does it so the flavor is outstanding and not oily or fishy).

We'll be back several more times before the summer is out.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

After hearing several recommendations from locals regarding the Lobster Roll my wife and I drove 15 miles, passing many seafood restaurants in order to go Mac's. I have never been so disappointed in a recommendation. The lobster roll was tasteless and bland. Considering the price $21, this meal was ssssooooooooooo over-rated!
Extremely disappointed!

Phil

2  Thank Phil V
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a great casual restaurant. Great seafood and drinks. Really enjoyed an evening here. Fish tacos were delicious!