“If you are in the mood for Italian Food”

Bocce Italian Grill
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Price range: US$20 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bocce Italian Grill is a seasonal restaurant Wellfleet Cape Cod. Opening beginning of May and serving until the beginning of October. We serve of a variety of authentic Italian dishes along with signature Grill dishes and Prime Steaks. We pride ourselves on using local and seasonal ingredients, along with producing much of items in house. We take reservations for parties of 6 or more. Offer take out and large party catering.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The outer cape has so many restaurants that are packed with diners eating fried clams and lobster rolls that it is hard to associate summer with veal parmigiana. However after driving past Bocce on rt 6 (it's name last year was Rino's) my wife and I decided to break the trend and try some Italian food. Perhaps because my expectations were so low, I was shocked about how good our food was. The restaurant divides the menu into 2: a traditional Italian section and a more upscale selection.
We both chose from the traditional side and loved it. The pasta is homemade and the veal was as tender as it could be.

It is a shame that the owners don't plan being open all year round because I fantasize more about eating heaps of steaming pasta in January that in July, but I will definitely come back before the summer ends.

2  Thank Dermab

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is a restaurant without a clear image. It is Italian, but it cannot decide if it ia quality restaurant or a local spaghetti joint. The have white linen on the tables, but the service is very casual and untrained. There is no decor and the dining room gets quite noisy. The pizza was very good as were the meatballs. The pasta is very overpriced as are many of the dishes.
One final comment: we sat near the kitchen and could see in when the service door was open. There were wait staff constantly eating; not very appetizing.

4  Thank MeridenTravelers
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant find,and the perfect break from the excellent seafood of Cape Cod. We had the veal saltimbocca and roasted chicken, both of which were absolutely wonderful. we were in fact very surprised by the high quality of the food, particularly as we are use to very good Italian cooking.The service was excellent and very accommodating.the meals were also reasonably priced, especially considering how overpriced most restaurants on Cape Cod are currently.this should be a definite dinner stop in the Wellfleet area.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We visited BOCCE Italian Grill, It seems like they recently built the building the restaurant is in which is clean inside, has good air but acousticly there's an echo which proves loud inside. Everyone loved the grilled scallops which were cooked to perfection. The fried calamari was standard, nothing exceptional and the obvious homemade sausage ravioli was tasty but a little cold inside. They only serve homemade linguine and pappardelle. We tried the chicken parm, veal parm, veal scaloppini and halibut. It is all tasty, with very small portions. The pizza they brought out to another table looked really good, but I didn't sample it.

The issue I had with this restaurant is that I started drinking lots of water when I got back to where I was staying. A similar effect as if I went to a Chinese buffet for instance and abnormally got up 3x to use the bathroom while sleeping that night which leads me to believe it was high on salt content, but I felt OK the next day.

If you feel like Italian food and can get to Provincetown, I would sample Sal's Place Italian restaurant which has excellent Italian food, with larger portions with great views. At least you won't be running to the bathroom after you go to bed.

3  Thank NewYorkCityBill