“Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had driven by this BBQ joint many times, but on Mother's Day, I had a hankering for Southern Fried Chicken. Boy, did this place hit the spot! Kevin was a great server and had all the wines and beers memorized, the menu was full of options, the drinks and service were incredibly fast....and the ambiance! I've never seen so many antique knickknacks since visiting my son's barn! I highly recommend this place. Going back to try the sweet potato fries.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

wow! the 3 visite to this restaurant if you like meat this is the place bit they do have great lobster we enjoy stopping when we go to the cape we will be back in june 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Marconi Beach Restaurant was not our first choice for dinner that night, but it turned out to be the best. Our waiter, Kevin, was friendly, attentive, and had a sense of humor. The whole restaurant is Cape-Casual (a term I just now coined!), but we sat in the bar area this time, and it was fun;a local scene playing out in a local joint. My mom ordered a Manhattan and I got a Margarita, rocks, salt; both drinks were on-pointe and whetted our proverbial whistles. We ordered shrimp cocktail for our starter and then shared a Caesar salad and a mixed plate of fried chicken breasts and ribs for the main. The shrimp were super-fresh with lots of lemon wedges and we loaded the cocktail sauce with horseradish and Tabasco, as we like it. Already pleasantly surprised thus far, we were served the best fried chicken we've had, maybe ever!, complemented by a Caesar salad perfectly dressed, not overly creamy or hoity-toity, either. My mom liked the red bliss mash, and, while I'm not a Boston Baked Bean fan, I tasted theirs and I get it. The ribs slid off the bone like buttah...and not overly smoked. After dinner, we shared a Key Lime pie slice with some coffee, which wasn't the best Key Lime Pie I ever had (that was in Key Largo and I still remember it fondly), but the citrusy custard pie topped off our Wellfleet spring supper poifectly. My grandmother always said, "Nothing is one hundred percent," and I agree, but our time at the Marconi Beach Restaurant was as close to perfection as we needed it to be.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very good food and great service! !! Janine was great! The portions were huge and the fish was amazing! Would definitely recommend going here to anyone that wants good bbq and seafood!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was a spur of the moment stop and a very pleasant surprise! We initially were going to have seafood, but sitting and smelling the smoker just convinced us to try the ribs. We were not disappointed! More food than any one normal size person can eat, but every bite was better than the last. Ribs, baked beans, sweet potato, cole slaw and the sweetest cornbread muffin ever!
Our waitress was attentive, encouraging, and extremely personable. Thanks, Janine for great service!
Would definitely go here again.