We baulked at the cost but this seemed the best place to stay in Manteo.
We were welcomed by Bebe who explained everything and offered coffee and the most delicious carrot cake we've ever tasted. Afternoon tea like this is available on a help yourself basis everyday.
We booked the basic room which was lovely and had a huge balcony. Only criticism here is that the double bed was too small and should be bigger for the price paid. You have to upgrade to attain a larger bed.
Breakfast was superb and not too heavy considering it is four courses - service was excellent.
It is only a five to ten minute walk into Manteo centre - small but picturesque with a few local bars and restaurants.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and, despite the price, would have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Doe Inn was born out of a lifelong love of traveling and exploring the beautiful homes of people kind enough to host us. We bought a beautiful 19th-century home and spent two years renovating it before opening our doors in 1995. You’ll get the entire getaway experience here staying in one of our eight rooms and enjoying a four-course breakfast each morning. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just taking a trip with your special someone, there’s always something for you to enjoy here. There’s nothing we love more than hosting people from all around the world, and we hope to add you to that list soon enough. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The White Doe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Doe Inn Bed And Breakfast
- The White Doe Hotel Manteo